Security Sales Engineer - SIEM
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 3/23/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONDiscover the new Micro Focus now the world s 7th largest pure-play software company. By combining HPE Software and Micro Focus offerings, we have built a brand new company with a stronger, bigger portfolio that delivers customer-centered innovation. We are now uniquely positioned to help enterprise customers solve their most pressing business problems and operate in the Hybrid environment from mainframe to mobile to cloud.
Our portfolio spans the following areas:
DEVOPS | IT OPERATIONS| CLOUD | SECURITY | INFORMATION GOVERNANCE | BIG DATA, MACHINE LEARNING, AND ANALYTICS
Take charge of your future and join our dynamic, motivated sALES TEAM AS WE GO TO MARKET WITH a best-in-class portfolio that will help shape the world s software landscape. #discoverthenew
Micro Focus is a leading provider of security and compliance solutions for modern enterprises that want to mitigate risk in their hybrid environments and defend against advanced threats. Based on market leading products ArcSight (security information and event management), Fortify (application security), and Voltage/Atalla (payments and data security) Micro Focus Security is singularly positioned to provide the most comprehensive Security Intelligence and Risk Management platform on the market, which uniquely delivers the advanced correlation, application protection, and network defense technology to protect today's applications and IT infrastructures from sophisticated cyber threats.
Micro Focus Security is looking for an ArcSight PreSales Engineer to support field accounts. The successful candidate:
* Gathers and assesses customer technical needs
* Identifies related needs (lead generation, opportunity expansion)
* Identifies site-specific parameters and constraints that impact the solution
* Identifies probable competition
* Solicits inputs from other experts as required
* Investigates and optimizes a solution's fit to the requirements of an opportunity
* Adapts solution design to new requirements
* Anticipates some of the potential challenges for the proposed project plan
* Assists peers in area of expertise as needed
* Maintains excellent communications with customers
* Advances opportunities through the use of effective consultative selling techniques
* Builds customer loyalty through being a trusted advisor
* Partners effectively with others in the account to ensure problem resolution and customer satisfaction
* Actively supports the account team with solution advice, proposals, presentations, and other customer communications
* Engages appropriate additional technical resources as needed
Education and Experience Required:
* Technical University or Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
* CISSP or other industry security focused certification is preferred but not required
* Typically 5+ years experience in technical consultative selling and account management
* Technical and/or solution experience in appropriate industry
This role requires the presales engineer to work independently of direct supervision with multiple account managers. Success of the individual in this role requires deep technical knowledge, strong communication skills and the ability to handle multiple requests simultaneously while maintaining expectations. The candidate must be self-motivated and willing to exert technical leadership in the account base.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
* Demonstrates a broad knowledge of security technology & solutions, with deep expertise in the area of SIEM, analytics and or log management
* Previous experience with ArcSight, or competing solutions is preferred but not required
* Applies broad understanding of technical innovations & trends to solving customer business problems
* Ability to establish credibility with Micro Focus business units and account teams based on history of solid results and contributions
* Establishes thought leadership in technical specialty area with customers
* Demonstrated ability to work independently on multiple concurrent opportunities
* Demonstrated extensive hands-on level skills with SIEM technology
* Creates solutions that creatively address customer business requirements
* Persuasively communicates the value of the solution in terms of financial return and impact on customer business goals
* Appropriately tailors communications to varying levels of customer management
* Extensive level of industry acumen; keeps current with trends and able to converse with client on issues and challenges
* Ability to cover sales cycles at high levels for Data Security and Fortify.
* Demonstrates strong communications skills with C-level executives
* Leverages strong understanding of the competition to create competitive advantage for Micro Focus
* 40 60% travel