Senior Account Manager - Flavors, Salt Lake City, Utah
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 12/19/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONFirmenich is the largest private company in the Fragrance & Flavors industry, founded in 1895 in Geneva, Switzerland.
Led by our passion for taste and smell, we put our creativity and innovation to work to develop fragrances and flavors for the world's most desirable brands, delighting billions of consumers every day.
We currently have an immediate opportunity for a SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER to join the SALES TEAM, part of our ZONE NORTH AMERICA FLAVOR DIVISION.
Key Responsibilities: Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
* Responsible for managing the business-getting function for key customer(s) on a regional basis
* Responsible for promoting and selling a variety of Flavors and Flavor concepts and delivery systems to Food and Beverage customers
* Develop and lead sales strategies to satisfy business plan objectives, as well as to maximize sales opportunities via a territory/account plans
* Provides clients with general and specific information regarding product concepts; submission documents and presentations
* Keeps abreast of competitive activities, prices and new business opportunities
* Document call reports, interpret briefs and communicates that information to the respective team so that customer requirements are appropriately communicated and satisfied
* Successfully leverage the subject matter experts
* Promote a collaborative relationship with the internal teams in order to meet the customer's needs and optimize the level of service
* Understanding of clients supply chain to adapt the service level in the best effective way
* Issue comprehensive action reports as per clients briefs
* Implement corporate commercial strategies including but not limited to delivering appropriate GM & PM according to pricing tool directives
* Work with legal and corporate compliance on corporate agreements, standards and policies, i.e., contractual agreements
* Responsible for expense management and adherence to budget
* Proven track record for meeting or exceeding sales budget
* Responsible to monitor A/R with Finance for respective territory
Profile / Requirements:
* Technical Degree in Food Science or College Degree with related food and beverage work experience
* Minimum of 7-10+ years of Flavor sales experience or related field
* Diverse selling background across Food & Beverage Customers
* Proven track record of partnering across all levels at the client including senior management and key decision makers
* Proven success with innovative selling styles through strong consultative approach
* Demonstrated ability and proven track record of creating business opportunities by proposing new value propositions/models
* P&L Understanding
* Proven success leading an effective negotiations
* Strong organizational and analytical capabilities
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Proven success with building strong working relationships
* Service mindset to ensure customer satisfaction/resolution
* Pricing and payment term management experience
* Proven track record with Strong Project Management skills
* Strong Influencing skills to deliver business imperatives
* Travel up to 40%
* Must be proficient in the Microsoft Suite Applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
* Previous experience with SAP systems applications
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
Firmenich is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran