Senior Account Specialist - Construction Services Team
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 1/19/2018
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Family
About Aon Risk Solutions
Aon Risk Solutions, the global risk management business of Aon plc (NYSE: AON), is the worldwide leader in risk advice and insurance broking. Guided by the Aon Client Promise , our teams help clients achieve profit, growth and continuity by delivering the best tailored and innovative risk solutions. We empower results through unmatched tools and capabilities, including the award-winning Aon Global Risk Insight Platform . For more information, visit aon.com/empower results.
Aon has a great opportunity for an experienced Account Specialist for our Construction Services Group in our Los Angeles office.
This is a member of a client service team focused on the insurance brokerage and risk advisory needs of consulting firm clients. Client service team includes Senior Vice President, Vice President, and Assistant Vice President.
This person will provide detailed support to the team in the administration of mid to large size consulting and other professional service firm client accounts; ensure all clients needs are promptly and accurately satisfied; ensure all deadlines are met on a timely basis; ensure quality standards are maintained; and handle projects independently and creatively. Grasp/understand topics involving our specialty niche. Act on behalf of the Assistant Vice President in her/his absence.
* Work as part of a client service team, in a highly collaborative, team oriented environment.
* Responsible for day-to-day servicing of complex professional liability, directors & officers liability, employment practices liability, and other insurance programs for a portfolio of consulting and other professional service firm clients.
* Proactively coordinate renewal cycle to ensure all necessary steps are completed in a timely fashion.
* Prepare and/or check insurance renewal invitation, notice letters, application requests and reviews, insurer submissions, renewal proposals, putting up the Firm Orders to various insurers, ensuring that coverage is bound prior to the effective date, and responding to client requests.
* Obtain and analyze client insurance renewal information, assemble underwriting submissions to be sent to insurers, track and assist with follow-up during negotiations with insurers, prepare client proposals, coordinate receipt of and review insurer binders and other coverage documentation.
* Confirm commission rates and help finalize account compensation.
* 4 year College Degree (BA/BS) required.
* Minimum three years insurance experience.
* Brokers License or willingness to obtain and take additional insurance courses.
* Product expertise in Construction Services Group.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills and analytical abilities required.
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint intermediate to expert user level preferred.
* Strong organizational skills required.
* Ability to work well under pressure with attention to detail.
* Ability to organize, prioritize, monitor and control work flow deadlines and be flexible.
* Team oriented self-starter with ability to organize, prioritize, monitor and control work flow deadlines and be flexible.
* Technically/detail oriented.
* Be energetic/have a proven sense of urgency.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Apply for this jobApply
Share with a friendShare
Share on your newsfeed
CONNECT WITH US!
Not ready to apply* Join our Talent Community to stay informed about Aon opportunities.
Software Powered by iCIMS
Aon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We ensure that equal opportunity is given to qualified individuals in recruiting, hiring, training and development, promotion, compensation practices, and all other employment opportunities. Aon prohibits discrimination based on an individual's sex, color, race, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics or conduct. In addition, we take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, disabled persons, disabled veterans, and other covered veterans.