This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2017
END DATE 12/15/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Definition:
Primary responsibility is to manage the reporting, booking and reconciling of assigned cash and cash investment accounts worldwide and the underlying processes. Recommends and implements process improvements and procedures.
* Manage global cash entries, manage Oracle Cash Management module, weekly process Kyriba cash journals into Oracle.
* Review and approve critical journal entries during month-end and quarter-end close cycle
* Oversee/review balance sheet account reconciliations and ensure timely resolution of reconciling items with appropriate departments
* Work with the outsourced staff located in India to ensure timely and accurate month-end and quarter-end close within area of responsibility
* Responsible for recommendation and implementation of improvements and changes to accounting controls, processes, and procedures, and to ensure SOX compliance
* Special projects as assigned by Manager
* Participate in integration of acquired companies
* Provide support for audit (internal & external), SEC reporting schedule and 10Q/10K Filing
Technical Skills and Work Experience Required:
BS degree in Accounting or Finance with 8+ years of related accounting experience.
Experience in global multinational company and shared service highly desirable.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Strong analytical skills and ability to work both independently and with cross functional teams.
Ability to work in a fast-paced, fluid environment.
Ability to multi-task and complete multiple deadlines quickly and accurately.
Prior experience in complete intense month-end, quarter-end and year-end accounting closes.
Excellent work ethic and teamwork.
Strong Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Solid experience with Oracle ERP system and data warehouse reporting tools (Business Objects, Crystal Reports, etc.).
CPA is a plus
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.