Senior Analyst, Global Internal Audit Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 12/23/2017
Boston Scientific Corporation
Arden Hills, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAdditional Locations: US-MN-Maple Grove
Purpose and Passion * Comprehensive Benefits * Life-Work Integration * Community * Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we re one global team committed to making a difference in people s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose improving lives through your life s work.
The Senior Analyst, Global Internal Audit (GIA) will be responsible for planning, organizing and executing internal audits throughout the Company (including financial, operational, compliance and SOX) as well as performing consultative activities. The position reports to the Manager of GIA and is a highly visible role. Primary audit entities include corporate functions, global divisions, global business services (GBS) service centers, manufacturing plants, distribution centers, international sales offices as well as 3rd party distributors and sales agents.
The senior analyst may occasionally perform books and records reviews in support of investigations.
Your key responsibilities:
The Senior Analyst, Global Internal Audit, will be expected to:
* Ensure that the organization fulfils its statutory and regulatory obligations in accordance with professional accounting and auditing standards.
* Perform various audit procedures to assess the following objectives as they relate to the areas under review:
o To evaluate compliance with key company policies and procedures,
o To assess the efficiency and effectiveness of internal controls and business processes over selected financial and operational cycles,
o To benchmark controls and procedures against generally accepted and leading industry practices,
o To review the accuracy and completeness of reporting and utilize data analytics to identify unusual trends or anomalies,
o To identify opportunities for enhancement,
o Other focus areas on an as needed basis.
* Lead internal project teams as assigned and/or participate as a team member on projects requested by audit management.
* Apply the audit methodology consistently to all engagements and contribute innovative ideas in an effort to continuously improve the methodology.
* Obtain an understanding of the business areas under review, and the business and compliance risks associated with those areas, in order to develop effective risk based audit approach.
* Work closely with functional and regional GIA managers to develop and document the project risk assessment for the project plan and scope, and draft applicable audit procedures.
* Document to re-performance standards the execution of specific audit procedures as defined by the engagement objectives and planned audit approach.
* Ensure work papers are complete and accurate and performed in a timely manner for the Manager s review.
* Assess the impact/risk associated with any areas of concern identified through the audit process and propose recommendations to address these risks.
* Partner with management to develop appropriate corrective actions for any areas of concern.
* Work effectively and efficiently in a team environment
* Communicate and present effectively, in a collaborative manner, both formally with business management as well as informally within GIA.
* Prepare or review deliverables to ensure they are presented in a clear, concise manner that effectively communicate issues to all relevant levels of management.
* Develop business partnering relationships with various levels of management, acting as a problem-solving resource, while continuously sharing best practices and recommending areas for improvement.
* Partner with Corporate and local management to improve company policies & procedures.
* Work with external auditors and the Corporate SOX team as required through SOX 404 and year-end audit processes.
* Proactive identify opportunities where GIA can add value to the Company as well as ways in which GIA can internally improve.
* Participate in the development of less experienced staff by setting an example and providing coaching.
* Assist in staff recruiting and training activities.
* Exhibit flexibility and agility in their daily tasks and overall schedule.
* Build quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to quality requirements and IIA guidelines.
What we re looking for:
* Bachelor s degree in accounting/finance, MBA a plus
* 2-4 years of progressive audit experience. Prior experience in a medium to large public accounting firm required.
* Experience leading audits, including planning, execution and reporting phases of the audit and directing more junior staff.
* Experience presenting to management.
* Demonstrated track record of effective application of accounting principles, regulations and financial analysis. Strong knowledge of US GAAP accounting and internal controls.
* Willingness and ability to travel up to 30% of the year. Will include both domestic and international travel, including two to three weeks at a time, including weekends.
* Demonstrated track record of effective application of accounting principles, regulations and financial analysis.
* Solid understanding of the relationship of internal controls and business processes with the financial statements and financial statement assertions.
* Strong project/time management skills with the ability to organize and handle multiple priorities.
* CPA or CIA strongly preferred
* Foreign language skills and experience living or working abroad is a plus but not required.
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there s no better place to make it happen.
At Boston Scientific, you will find an energy-filled, creative, collaborative atmosphere that keeps us connected on the most essential level. To each other. To patients everywhere. And to the future of healthcare. We're 25,000 colleagues in 40 countries across six continents. But together, we're one global team. Everything we do combines purpose and passion.
Career Growth We are focused on career growth with a strong track record of mentoring and developing our internal audit team to position individuals for a broad range of internal opportunities.
Never a Dull Moment Our Company continues to grow through acquisitions providing interesting and complex accounting and finance work.