Senior Applications Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 2/13/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
The Sr. Application Analyst in the Center for Outcomes Research (COR) performs expert level support and configuration of assigned applications. The position entails assisting, training and supporting research scientists, administrators and collaborators within the COR (customers) and graduate research students with the operation and administration of systems. The Sr. Application Analyst COR trains and mentors junior colleagues as well as COR research scientists. The Sr. Application Analyst COR works with customers at all levels in the organization to enhance their understanding of available tools to enhance operational efficiencies. The Sr. Application Analyst COR takes the lead role to troubleshoot issues and problems within related IT teams and applications/systems and manage change. The Sr. Application Analyst COR is tasked with high level administration of applications and ensures quality delivery of application availability. The Sr. Application Analyst COR is charged with ensuring the services provided contribute to the successful accomplishment of the research mission of the COR. The Sr. Application Analyst COR assists with budgeting and project management. The Sr. Application Analyst COR applies skills in line with TMHS values and goals, to assure the efficient, effective and consistent delivery of high quality IT services.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Acts as liaison between work teams and departments.
* Initiates and maintains positive relationships with key customers and co-workers.
* Facilitates team and client meetings and delivers informative, well-organized presentations.
* Communicates effectively with research scientists, administrators and collaborators (clients) to identify needs and evaluate alternative business/research solutions.
* Proactively seeks opportunities to serve in leadership roles and facilitate IT and Business initiatives across departments.
* Trains and mentors other team members through both formal and informal methods.
* Utilizes Project Management Methodology as defined by the Houston Methodist IT PMO and applies them consistently
* Facilitate working group sessions with the Research, administrative, IT and Clinical Departments to identify and drive requirements to improve Business Processes.
* Sets customer expectations, prioritizes tasks, and delivers solutions on time.
* Development of integrated data sets conducive to Outcomes Research.
* Assists with managing customer expectations and deliverables.
* Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships and effectively manages client expectations effectively.
* Leads and monitors multiple large scale projects within multiple functional departments.
* Communicates project progress, results and recommendations through meetings, phone calls, presentations and written reports.
* Proactively communicates potential project and implementation issues, plans for resolution, and produces status updates to all stakeholders including, departments to customers and Management.
* Creates custom solutions or advanced configuration options to solve operational or workflow issues
* Establishes project plans and objectives to ensure goal attainment within defined parameters.
* Coordinates and provides problem resolution, technical analyses, costs and resource estimates, work plans, workflow documentation, and progress reports on assigned projects.
* Applies project management methodology standards to communicate and successfully accomplish assigned projects within budget guidelines.
* Assists in budgetary planning
* Ensures the creation and completion of project deadlines and schedules
* Reviews and edits requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution.
* Identifies and documents system deficiencies and recommends solutions.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Programming, Business Administration, or an equivalent field or formal education in related field with professional certifications.
7+ years of experience in Healthcare or Research with IT Experience required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
None, if have a Bachelor s degree
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
* Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
* Expert ability and skill to troubleshoot system problems and to engineer expert solutions with IT customers and vendors.
* Expert technical skills to support multiple healthcare applications or clinical workflow
* Experience with database management (maintenance plans, basic security and database design) preferred.
* Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
* Strong knowledge of Project Management Methodologies and ability to apply them to large scale system implementation
* Ability to lead, manage and monitor multiple projects simultaneously.
* Strong knowledge of multidisciplinary clinical and business information systems.
* Highly proficient with database and operating systems including Windows, Intel, Unix, AIX, Oracle, SQL Server (T-SQL)
* Expertise with the Microsoft Office Suite of applications including but not limited to Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook.
* Expertise with the Extract, Transform and Load process from and to multiple formats.
* Demonstrated strong leadership skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist Research Institute was formed in 2004 to rapidly and efficiently translate discoveries made in the laboratory and the clinic into new diagnostics, therapies and treatments. The research institute was created to provide the infrastructure and support for these endeavors, and to house the technology and resources needed to make innovative breakthroughs in important areas of human disease. A 540,000 square foot building dedicated to research, the research institute houses over 1,500 staff and trainees, 277 principal investigators and has more than 840 ongoing clinical trials. APPLY.