Senior Brand Manager: Horsham, PA Office 9/18/2017
Bimbo Bakeries USA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Senior Brand Manager: Horsham, PA Office
Employment Type: Regular
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold , Brownberry or Oroweat bread* A Thomas English muffin or bagel* Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee , Entenmann s or Marinela cake or donut* If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world s largest baking company with operations in 22 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA employs 21,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, the Senior Brand Manager will plan, develop and implement brand, category management and overall marketing strategies for Entenmann s Little Bites, a Grupo Bimbo Global Brand and a Key Strategic Bimbo Bakeries USA Brand with aggressive growth goals to achieve. You will join a dynamic and fast paced environment and develop and execute brand strategy, marketing programs, sales analysis, project management and product portfolio strategy to achieve growth, volume, share and income goals. Work cross functionally and in strong collaboration across field sales including National Account Teams, Key Business Unit Sales Teams, as well as Agency, Manufacturing and R&D.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* The Senior Brand Manager will collaborate with the Director of Marketing to develop annual business and marketing plans for Entenmann s Little Bites with appropriate objectives, strategies, programs, tactics and rationale.
* Deliver planned volume and profit. Maintain variable contribution margin and achieve recommended KPI s/ROI on approved initiatives.
* Project monthly/YTD volume forecast, recommend adjustments to financial estimate to achieve overall goals.
* Develop forward annual volume plan for recommendation - bottom up.
* Manage and coordinate efforts of functional groups on key initiatives exercising sound judgment when providing direction to these project teams.
* Oversee the planning and execution of key business and marketing activities related to positioning, product development, packaging, pricing, consumer and trade promotion, advertising, public relations and social media with regular agency communication
* Monthly P&L Review dig into concern areas. Recommend Opportunity.
* Manage market research: both Qualitative and Quantitative.
* Work with Internal & External Teams to drive cost savings and productivity initiatives.
* Develop localized business plans in conjunction with the Market Area and Retailer Customer Teams. Anticipate and manage the revision of plans as needed to address an ever changing competitive environment.
* Deep Dive across competitors, build action plans to combat in market.
* Lead R&D cross functional team to develop new products, line extension, and product improvement recommendations based on consumer learning, competitive and internal sales trends and manufacturing opportunity.
* Manage process: Prototype development, operations feasibility, costs from the Bakery, P&L development, ingredient forecasting, trials, packaging brief, launch plan.
* Drive new product expansion at key retailers.
* Manage the marketing A&P Budget, track marketing and promotional expenditures and evaluate program based on ROI and KPI results. Evaluate forward recommendations.
* Identify concerns and opportunities, and develop plans to address.
* Develop Annual Little Bites Marketing Plans
* Lead Bakery Steering Calls
* Develop and manage Little Bites Seasonal/Promotion packaging calendar
* Forecasting, progress to forecast, production logistics for our bakeries
* Lead Key Account Cross Functional Planning Calls
* Manage programs, develop action plans
* Strategic Business Insight mining of consumption and sales:
* White space opportunity
* Business Unit Diagnostic
* Category Analytics
* Competitive impact
* Develop Media Strategy Brief and media communications to the field. Work with all business units and Starcom to develop the most optimal local media allocations.
* Manage research projects, including lead for Marketing Mix Analysis.
* Asset Strategy support as needed
* Willingness to travel, approx. 30% including monthly visits to Islandia, NY and sales in market tours, customer brand reviews.
KEY BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES:
* Long Term Marketing Visionary
* Strong Creative Skill Set
* Self-Starter with proven ability to manage complexity and problem-solve independently
* Strong Collaborator
* Ability to Multi-Task
* Ability to prioritize and adhere to deadlines
* Master s Degree in Marketing with 5-7 years classic consumer packaged goods or food industry experience
* Previous brand experience in managing product portfolio, innovation and leading cross-functional teams including Manufacturing R&D, Supply Chain, Finance, and Sales
* Strong understanding of business planning and strategy, marketing principles, analysis, promotions, budgeting, project management, forecasting
* Develop insights that lead to strong concepts and creative briefs
* Previous project management work experience
* Experience managing day to day Agency and Vendor relationships
* Strong ability to manage people with and without having direct organizational authority
* Demonstrated analytical skills with the ability to generate business insights from diverse data sources
* Proficiency working in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* MBA or Masters Degree, MS, major in Marketing
* Experience in Consumer Packaged Foods strongly preferred
* Direct creative agencies from insight-driven assignment briefs to outstanding executions
* Experience with IRI, Spectra and industry standard data-points a plus
* Strong Analytical skills with the ability to generate business insights from diverse data sources.
* Experience in Marketing Plan Development and Execution
* Expert in Sales Data Mining (Margin Minder) and Microsoft Office
* Strong manipulation of IRI consumption data with a willingness to master
* Examples of prior brand strategy work will be requested, along with references
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.