Senior Civil Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 1/17/2018
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAre you looking for a home for the best years of your career? A place where you can contribute to a dynamic employee-owned firm, tackle challenging project work, and collaborate with industry recognized professionals? Geosyntec is the place for you! We're are seeking an exceptional, senior civil engineer to help grow our civil engineering practice in San Diego, California and contribute to innovative and challenging projects involving water resource infrastructure including water delivery, Green Street and LID designs, stream rehabilitation and restoration, surface water capture and treatment, flood control, stormwater conveyance, infiltration, and a variety of other civil infrastructure projects.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This is a position that involves diverse project experiences. Some of the key responsibilities for this position could include developing field investigation work plans, water resources regulatory compliance and permit applications, preparing civil design reports, overseeing and mentoring junior engineers, and developing business with new and existing clients.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec's culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will help integrate you into Geosyntec's culture as you advance to this next stage of your career. Some of the task-level or project management responsibilities you will be asked to take on include:
* Full life-cycle responsibility for civil infrastructure projects - from planning / design development, design and bid package preparation, through construction, operation, and maintenance;
* Design stormwater conveyance, detention, retention and LID features in the public right-of-way;
* Prepare construction specification, plans, and cost estimates for water resource projects utilizing commonly used software applications and specialized engineering software applications such as Civil 3D;
* Compile data for and assist in making studies or tests relating to the location, size and capacity of other engineering structures or facilities;
* Prepare construction level specifications, plans, and schedules;
* Develop permit applications, negotiating permit conditions, and helping develop strategies to comply with permit conditions;
* Prepare technical documents including technical writing and creation of exhibits and maps; and
* Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients while working in concert with senior professionals.
Here are some other things you should know about this senior civil engineer position:
* Training: This position requires OSHA/MSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including technical conferences, in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
* Fieldwork: Up to 10%
* Overnight travel: Up to 10%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual's own performance and initiative.
* BS in civil or environmental engineering or a related field. [required]
* Advanced degree in earth science, environmental engineering or a related field. [preferred]
* Minimum 10 years directly relevant experience in a consulting environment. [required]
* Knowledge of numerical modeling tools. [preferred]
* Thorough knowledge of local (San Diego region) design criteria, practices, and protocols, including agency plan check procures to signoff. [required]
* Knowledge of construction methods, procedures, and site complexities. [required]
* Working knowledge of site and boundary survey practices. [required]
* Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed. [required]
* Professional registration in California or the ability to become licensed within one year of hire. [preferred]
* Valid driver's license and a satisfactory driving record. [required]
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
WHY CHOOSE GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.
REQ NO: SENIO01332
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information..