Senior Civil Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 2/20/2017
END DATE 5/21/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
We are seeking a Senior Civil Engineer to support a major long-term program for a transportation client in the Washington, DC area. The Individual in this position will provide compliance oversight support to the project team to facilitate the acceptance of the Project into the ARS. This support will be focused on verification and oversight of civil, structural, and architectural work for compliance with Contract requirements. Primary function of this position will be field oversight but substantial technical / administrative work is required.
Under limited supervision, incumbent shall support the project Office in overseeing the Contractor s engineering, installation, and testing, of civil, structural, and architectural work to ensure compliance with Contract requirements. Employee has considerable latitude for independent judgment and action within established guidelines. This role will work in close coordination with the client Project Manager and with client s Engineering and maintenance groups to ensure required client test support and/or test witnessing is provided. Incumbent will also interact with client and Contractor regularly. Ensures work quality and adherence to established standards, policies, and procedures; and performs related duties as assigned. Incumbent will also develop and maintain tools to track progress of construction activities and related issues, and follow up their resolution.
Duties, may include but are not limited to the following:
* Develop intimate knowledge and understanding of Contractual requirements related to civil/ structural / architectural design, materials, equipment, installation, testing, and commissioning.
* Review civil / structural / architectural construction submittals, including drawings, shop drawings, product submittals, factory test reports, test procedures, test plans, commissioning plans / procedures, and any other related documentation. Provide comments to contractor s submissions in relation to conformance with client standards, criteria, and good industry practices. Recommend acceptance or rejection of reviewed documents.
* Participate in progress meetings to monitor the Contractor s construction, quality control, testing, and safety certification of the civil / structural / architectural
* Ensure quality of civil / structural / architectural construction, fabrication, installation, and testing activities. Ensure that work is in conformance with client standards, criteria, drawings, specifications, and approved test procedures.
* Make frequent visits to site to audit and oversee civil / structural / architectural construction, installation, and testing activities. Prepare field report of each visit and document observed work and any deficiencies identified.
* Performs substantial completion and final inspections of completed work and generates associated deficiency list.
* Review civil / structural / architectural as-built drawings.
* Work with client departments in the development of an equipment list and spare parts list necessary to service and maintain new Silver Line (N-Line). Review related spare parts & equipment list submittals from the contractor.
* Review O&M manuals for civil / structural / architectural work.
* If necessary, assist in the review of site specific work plans for access into client s Existing System. Help identify power outage requirements, and client escort and support requirements.
* Prepare reports, checklists, tracking tools, and status reports as requested or as necessary to support activities described herein
* Participate in meetings as directed or necessary to accomplish the above tasks, and issue meeting notes.
* Advise Task Order Manager in regards to staffing requirements to accomplish assigned tasks.
* Perform other related duties as assigned by the Task Order Manager, or his designee.
Candidate Specification Qualifications:
* Bachelor s degree in Civil Engineering, or equivalent experience.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent business and technical writing
* In addition to degree, a minimum of ten (10) years of relevant professional experience is desired. Ideally, this experience would include the following:
* At least five (5) years direct experience in the engineering, construction, installation, and testing of civil / structural / architectural work, preferably within a rail transit environment.
* A minimum of five (5) years of extensive, progressively more responsible experience in the management and administration of large civil / structural / architectural engineering and construction programs.
* Prior experience in a similar role in a similar size project
* Project management / team leadership
* Construction or engineering experience that corroborates knowledge and understanding construction contracts and ability to compose technical/contractual written communications.
* Quality Control / quality management
* Design-build delivery
* Prior client construction or maintenance experience.
* Strong knowledge of applicable worksite Safety Regulations; demonstrated commitment to safe working practices
* Computer skills, to include word processor software, spreadsheets, and construction document management systems
* Proven team player skills with ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships
* Strong organizational, interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills
* Capable of reading drawings and schematics
* Must possess a valid driver s license
Other desired qualifications include:
* PE certification
* USACE/NAVFAC CQM Certification
* PMP Certification
* LEED AP
* Prior experience with a public commuter transit agency
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
Mott MacDonald is a $2bn engineering, management and development consultancy. We re one of the largest and most diverse firms of our kind in the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180 principal offices, delivering projects in 150 countries.
Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Equal employment opportunity is the law.
English version - http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Spanish version - http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeosp.pdf
Chinese version - http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost(chinese).pdf