Senior Civil / Water Resource Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 11/22/2017
Oak Brook, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAre you looking for a home for the best years of your career? A place where you can contribute to a dynamic employee-owned firm, tackle challenging project work, and collaborate with industry-recognized professionals? Geosyntec is the place for you! We're seeking an experienced environmental civil engineer with a focus in water resources to join our team in our Oak Brook, Illinois office. This position is well-suited for an individual who is interested in leading and contributing to all stages of a variety of innovative and challenging water and natural resource projects. Our client base includes a diverse mix of industrial, institutional and governmental clients.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Is this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? We expect that you'd work on a variety of challenging technical projects and leverage your existing relationships to help Geosyntec expand its current practices and capabilities. The selected candidate will work on a diverse array of complex water and natural resource projects throughout the region and the U.S. The typical project portfolio includes sustainable green infrastructure planning studies; detailed design of stormwater infrastructure, innovative green infrastructure, flood mitigation practices, and urban stormwater infrastructure; hydrologic and hydraulic analysis including dam breach studies and floodplain mapping; stream restoration; surface water, watershed, and stormwater runoff monitoring and modeling (quantity and quality); industrial and construction site NPDES permitting support and construction inspections; and Clean Water Act regulatory support. Geosyntec is a diverse team of innovative engineers and scientists - our exciting projects reflect this diversity.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec's culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will help integrate you into Geosyntec's culture as you advance to this next stage of your career. Some of the task-level or project management responsibilities you will be asked to do include:
* Business development; including bringing in new clients and obtaining repeat business from existing clients, leading proposal preparation, and developing and implementing a business development plan;
* Task and project management, including planning and implementing investigation and remediation projects, budgeting and budget management, adherence to schedule, quality, client satisfaction, and profitability;
* Supervising and mentoring junior staff;
* Management and mentoring of subcontractors;
* Performing and overseeing detailed hydrologic and hydraulic studies;
* Applying innovative modeling software;
* Floodplain mapping and flood protection designs;
* In-stream and urban stormwater water quality modeling;
* Developing construction documents, including engineering drawings and technical specifications;
* Preparing erosion and sediment control designs;
* Preparation of technical reports, letters, memoranda, plans, specifications, and proposals; and
* Preparation for and participation in meetings with clients, regulatory personnel, and other parties.
Here are some other things you should know about this senior civil / water resources engineer position:
* Training: We also offer professional development opportunities including technical conferences, in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
* Fieldwork: Up to 10%
* OVernight travel: Up to 20%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual's own performance and initiative.
* BS in Engineering (civil preferred). (required)
* Advanced degree in the same. (required)
* 10+ years of direct environmental consulting experience working on water and natural resource projects with a variety of technical challenges. (required)
* Experience with modeling and design software tools such as EPA-SWMM, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, AutoCAD, and ArcGIS. (preferred)
* Professional certification (P.E. or equivalent) (required).
* Experience with multi-disciplinary project teams. (required)
* Demonstrated success in the development and management of clients. (required)
* Excellent leadership and detail-orientation skills. (required)
* Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed. (required)
* Valid driver's license and a satisfactory driving record. (required)
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. The position is ideally suited for a highly motivated, innovative individual with a passion of solving complex problems for our clients. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
WHY CHOOSE GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.
REQ NO: SENIO01331
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information..