Senior Cloud Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 1/7/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONSENIOR CLOUD ENGINEER
Job ID: 2017-15839
Location: Plano, TX
Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
The Senior Cloud Engineer will perform system administration and management tasks including: Operating System installation and configuration, logical and physical systems design, storage management, system backup/restore, performance tuning, troubleshooting and problem analysis. Work with leads and architects to create system architectural designs, and may be the head of a project team coordinating and overseeing the activities of other Systems Administrators. Maintain and improve the performance of enterprise systems in the development, QA and production environments.
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent work experience. Industry Certification in a minimum of one core technology (CNE, MCP, MCSE or Other).
* Minimum 6 year s experience on multiple hardware platforms and operating systems (RedHat, Solaris, Other Linux) and Oracle databases is preferred.
* Minimum 5 years as a systems administrator.
* Previous experience in RedHat and Solaris environment is essential. Experience in Cisco UCS platform a plus.
* Strong-Advanced knowledge of UNIX/Linux operating environments and client server technology (DBMS, WebLogix, jBoss, etc), networking concepts; able to provide technical assistance, design and implement improved methods and procedures for troubleshooting and researching problems.
* Advanced skill level in system performance troubleshooting.
* Possess excellent analytical and decision making skills.
* Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Possess outstanding interpersonal and teamwork skills.
* Flexible working hours.
* Moderate travel with little or no notice.
* Required to participate in an on call rotation (includes evenings, weekends and occasional holidays
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace..