Senior Consultant - Professional Services, Clinical - (Horsham, PA or Remote)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 1/25/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONNextGen Healthcare has a legacy of building software that improves patient care and reduces healthcare costs. Now, we re bringing the best of the cloud, social media and mobile to healthcare. Come build the future with us! Please visit our website at: www.nextgen.com .
Senior Consultant Professional Services, Clinical (Horsham, PA or Remote)
The Professional Services Consultant is responsible for assisting NextGen Healthcare clients in meeting their organizational goals and objectives. Consultants will work both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team. In addition to being Subject Matter Experts in NextGen software applications, workflows, and best practices, Consultants will provide support for process improvement, business/clinical transformation efforts, and other initiatives. Consultants will have defined personal goals for billable client activity.
* Renders consulting services at client sites, corporate offices, and remotely
* Travels on company business up to 80% annually
* Uses change leadership skills to assist clients throughout engagements
* Assists in the discovery phase to help identify client goals/objectives and determine proposed scope of consulting engagements
* Assists in the creation of new consulting engagements
* Provides process and subject matter expertise for designated NextGen applications and operational/clinical areas such as business office, clinical office, revenue cycle, regulatory, etc.
* Provides consultative advice, recommendations, and solutions reflective of best practice processes and workflows
* Serves as consulting lead on designated engagements
* Communicates with all levels of the client organization including C-suite, management, clinical staff, physician/provider staff, and information technology resources
* Creates client-facing deliverables as documented in the engagement scope of work; may include project plans, current state assessments, implementation plans, executive summaries, presentations, etc.
* Creates internal deliverables and standardized work product as directed, meeting timelines and quality targets
* Balances simultaneous client engagements and internal assignments
* Provides training to client providers and staff as well as internal resources
* Assists sales and marketing teams to support product demonstrations, educational/informational sessions, and other client or public outreach efforts
* Documents all client interactions using standardized processes
* Documents identified gaps in product functionality using standardized processes
* Maintains subject matter expertise to complete assigned work
* Efficiently manages physical and human resources
* Submits accurate timesheets and billing data weekly in accordance with company policy and departmental requirements
* Submits expense reports in accordance with company policy
* Completes continuing education programs and additional training as directed by manager
* Knowledge of Population Health, Analytics, Patient Centered Medical Home, Accountable Care Organizations, or other disciplines supporting healthcare reform
* Proven track record managing large healthcare clients and projects
* Proven track record in consultative/sales role for creating new and ongoing opportunities
* Demonstrated understanding of the forces shaping healthcare delivery including but not limited to the HITECH and MACRA legislation and related programs and regulations
* Proven track record managing process improvement or clinical/business transformation projects
* Experience managing the software life-cycle (implementation, support, optimization, upgrade)
* Knowledge of change leadership techniques and organizational governance structures
* Detail-oriented work habits with attention to follow-through and issue resolution.
* Bachelor's Degree
* NextGen NCP Certification within 6 months of employment
* Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project proficiency
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Public speaking skills including groups up to 200 attendees
* Exceptional team player
* 5 years of experience with NextGen clients and/or applications including current NCP Certification
* 3 years of consulting experience and/or direct implementation experience with ambulatory health information systems
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in ambulatory healthcare organizations; this may include clinical/patient care, operations, revenue cycle, or information technology roles
* Minimum of 5 years of experience with health information systems and/or ambulatory practice management/revenue cycle systems
* Current Unrestricted Clinical License (PharmD, DC, OD, NP, PA, RN, LPN preferred)
* Formal Informatics Training
NextGen Healthcare believes in strength through diversity. We are an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer supporting Diversity, Disabled, and Protected Veterans. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Because NextGen Healthcare believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct background checks as part of our hiring processes