Senior Cost Accountant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 12/8/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title: Senior Cost Accountant
Department: Accounting Location: Middletown, OH
Reports To: U.S. Operations Controller FLSA Status: Exempt, Salary
The Senior Cost Accountant leads activities of product costing, product manufacturing analysis and inventory valuation and reconciliation. The position provides recommendations to management in support of the achievement of Company goals. Position reports to the U.S. Operations Controller.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Perform month end close activities related to Cost Accounting.
* Prepare actual vs. estimated product cost analysis and product margin analysis.
* Analyze changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided to determine effects on costs.
* Recommends cost efficiencies in new product layouts.
* Develop a process to review/maintain costing of finished goods and production components in a multisite ERP system.
* Maintain and improve processes and controls associated with manufacturing costs and inventory valuation.
* Assist with the regular review of excess/obsolete inventory.
* Conduct inventory reconciliations monthly.
* Perform work order review/analysis for accuracy and completeness.
* Analyze and report out on inventory transaction activities.
* Ensure validity and accuracy of ERP through analysis, internal audit, and coordination with Materials, Production and work order processing.
* Assist in developing and documenting policies and procedures, including system requirements and internal controls.
* Represent Accounting/Finance on teams designed to improve operations, reduce costs, etc.
* Additional duties Additional responsibilities will be assigned to this position on an as-needed basis.
* Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
* Minimum 3 years experience in Accounting with costing, operations and inventory
* Excellent time management, organization, and communication skills
Education and/or Experience:
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* Bachelor s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
* Hands-on ERP experience preferred
* Must be capable of speaking, reading and writing English with excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
* Must be capable of performing addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division calculations.
* Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where standardization generally exists
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral format
* Familiarity with accounting software systems, Visual a plus
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, Outlook
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk and must occasionally climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderately noisy.