Senior Data Scientist 10/12/2017
A. O. smith
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Primary Function
Responsible for modeling moderately complex business problems, discovering business insights and identifying opportunities through the use of statistical, algorithmic, mining and visualization techniques. In addition to advanced analytics skills, this role is also proficient at integrating and preparing large, varied datasets, architecting specialized database and computing environments, and communicating results.
* Responsible for analyzing IoT data set collected from A. O. Smith products.
* Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis.
* Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems.
* Build tools for analyzing data, includes deep-dive failure analysis, dashboard of connected products
* Identify trends based on collected data to drive product performance improvements.
* Responsible for providing guidance on collection of data variables, i.e., are insignificant data being collected, are potentially significant variables being missed.
* Provides high quality ongoing product engineering support; answering questions, resolving problems and building solutions.
* Conduct Design of Experiment (DOE) for engineering studies.
* Leads and contributes to data analysis and modeling projects from project or prototype design.
* Produce data visualizations to communicate up and across the company.
* Help define feature specs and expected user experience based on data.
* Provide technical input to the product and technology roadmaps.
* Conduct/Support data collection and analysis with other groups.
* Identify Company needs and lead brainstorming activities to meet those needs
* Conduct oneself professionally and in accordance with A. O. Smith values
* Other projects and duties as assigned
* Ph.D. degree or M.S. degree plus 2 years of experience in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related technical area.
* Proof of completed coursework in statistics and computer science.
* Knowledge of mathematics, economics, engineering and operations research
* Hands-on experience with R, Python, MATLAB, or other high-level programming languages.
* Hands-on experience with major big data platforms. Examples may include languages such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Scala, Google BigQuery, RedShift, Kinetica, in addition to traditional databases like MySQL, Postgres, or MSSQL.
* Exposure to deep learning frameworks such as Caffe, Tensorflow, and Theano
* Exposure to Machine Learning APIs, frameworks, and AI tools.
* Exposure to using Cloud services such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft, IBM and Google Cloud.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills relating to technical and non-technical audiences.
* Initiative and motivation.
* Great communication and organizational skills
* Strong time management and prioritization skills in order to balance multiple projects within a defined schedule and budget
* Some travel required (approximately 10%)
Competitive base salary and comprehensive benefits plans which include medical and dental insurance, company-sponsored life insurance, retirement security savings plan, short- and long-term disability programs and tuition assistance..