Senior Data Scientist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 11/19/2017
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Summary
SENIOR DATA SCIENTIST
Analytics | Santa Clara, CA, United States
Your goal to improve the education process and better the lives of students -- through data and analytics.
The Analytics team is central to Chegg supporting every business line and functional organization at the company. It is a team composed of data scientists, engineers, mathematicians, statisticians, and business analysts. The team influences Chegg s product strategy; organizes and monitors the data behind marketing efforts and user engagement; and builds data products and models to be used as a part of the overall Chegg experience.
Role: Senior Data Scientist
As Chegg launches our series of career-oriented products, this role will be responsible for analyzing user-interaction data in order to inform the business strategy and product roadmap. The ideal candidate will take end-to-end ownership of all user engagement data and metrics associated with these products, and use the insights generates to inform the business.
A key part of this role is the ability to quantify and clearly communicate what our data is telling us about our users and our product. The right person will quickly grasp new and different datasets, and quickly drive meaningful insights from them. This person will work regularly with marketing, business, and product leaders. The ideal candidate is excited about joining our team s mission to help students find the right internship and job, in order to set them up for a great career.
* Perform analysis of Chegg s wide-ranging data sets to analyze attributes of users, engagement with the products, and performance of various business lines.
* Measure and evaluate different product alternatives from changes to the site experience to the commerce funnel.
* Develop data science algorithms and services that will be used as the backbone of recommendation engines, discovery platforms, custom matching services, and for internal analysis purposes
* Evaluate new digital services business opportunities including new partnerships and potential acquisitions
* Develop presentations to communicate broadly across the product groups and business units.
* Ph.D. or MS in Sciences, Engineering, Economics, or related quantitative fields
* 3+ years of demonstrated success in data science and analytics
* Extensive analytical toolset including an advanced understanding of statistics, A/B testing, cluster analysis, multivariate analysis)
* Experience with scripting tools such as R and python
* Experience writing SQL queries for data manipulation
* Passionate about producing high-quality analytics deliverables and communicating results to a broad audience
* Self-motivated; independent, organized and proactive; highly responsive, flexible, and adaptable when working across multiple product teams.
* Passionate about producing high-quality analytics deliverables and communicating results to a broad audience.
* Strong communication skills.
* Experience working with big data technologies (Spark, Hive, Redshift) a plus.
As the leading student-first connected learning platform, Chegg's Student Hub makes higher education more affordable and more accessible, all while improving student outcomes. Chegg is a publicly-held company based in Santa Clara, CA with offices in San Francisco, New York, Portland, India, Israel, Berlin, and Ukraine. Chegg Student Hub Services Include Chegg Study, Chegg Tutoring, Chegg Writing Tools, Test Prep, Careers Search, Internship Admissions, and College Admissions.
Life at Chegg: https://www.youtube.com/watch*v=YYHnkwiD7Oo
Chegg Benefits: http://www.chegg.com/jobs/benefits
Chegg for Good: http://blog.chegg.com/category/chegg-for-good/
Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2015: http://bit.ly/GDBPTW
For more information, visit www.chegg.com
Chegg is an equal opportunity employer
REQUISITION NUMBER: 2293