SENIOR DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR 10/11/2017
Global Connection to Employment
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION/JOB SUMMARY
Applies current technology in providing database design and administration for one or more medium to large-sized databases. Under general guidance, provide business application solutions. Must have a thorough understanding of hardware/software and communication environments such as: client/server technology, host/mainframe technology, IS, and related peripheral equipment. Specifies proper types of files organization, indexing methods, and security procedures. Advises project teams on the design of moderately complex databases (e.g., schema and subschema details). Defines specialized aspects of user's data base administrator documentation. Performs detailed comparisons of various data base systems. Develops backup and archival policies and procedures. Configures storage systems software to meet requirements. Performs administration tasks (installing, maintaining, monitoring, recovering, rebuilding, upgrading, patching and performance tuning). Implements software solutions for performance enhancement, operator interface, and increased user capability.
* Bachelor s degree. May substitute equivalent combination of education and experience.
* 5 or more years of experience in database administration
* Knowledge of data manipulation languages and the principles of database design
* Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements
* Must be a US Citizen
* Flexibility related to work hours as project demands arise
* Must be able to sit at a computer and stand for extended periods of time
* Must be able to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; must be able to reach with hands and arms
* Must be able to communicate verbally and to hear.
* Must have close and classroom vision.
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Interested applicants please visit our Career Center @ www.gce.org and complete our on-line applications. Our toll free number is (866) 236-3981.
Global Connections to Employment, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING REQUIRED