Senior Design Engineer (Refrigeration) 10/12/2017
Acco Engineered Systems
San Leandro, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Under the direction of the Engineering Managers and/or Chief Application Manager, this position teams with other ACCO engineers to complete the multiple aspects of the refrigeration design/build process.
SO WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING*
* Complete basic project planning.
* Complete load calculations, design and layout of equipment and piping systems
* Refrigeration engineering including psychometrics, refrigeration cycle, code, acoustics, and controls systems
* Coordination of design and installation with Construction and Service departments.
* Complete conceptual design through construction drawing development.
* Conduct economic and energy analyses
* Field engineering: assist with project execution, trade coordination, scheduling, document management and problem solving
* Computer 3D modeling of refrigeration systems utilizing the latest modeling software
* Estimating and proposal writing, client interaction
* Other duties as assigned by Engineering Managers, Application Manager and/or Project Group / Service Group
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BE A PART OF THIS ALL STAR TEAM*
* BS in Mechanical Engineering
* PE license highly desirable, but not required
* Minimum of 8 yrs experience with a Design/Build Low Temperature Refrigeration Mechanical Contractor or Consultant.
* Experience in Ammonia systems is a plus
* Experience in Commercial and Industrial refrigeration systems
* Excellent understanding of Refrigeration Design Fundamentals
* Thorough understanding of Refrigeration systems (Ammonia/DX) and applications
* Excellent familiarity with Building Codes
* Proficiency in AutoCad (or similar drafting software)
* Ability to interact effectively with others in team environments
* High sense of integrity
* Excellent leadership skills
* Excellent organizational and time management skills
* Self-starter and strong desire to succeed
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Exert up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Physical demands are in excess of those of sedentary work. Light work usually requires walking or standing to a significant degree. This position may also be required to climb up and down stairs and a ladder.
Our ideal person will have all these in addition to everything listed above:
* OUTSTANDING COMMUNICATION SKILLS in addition to maintaining an open line of communication with employees throughout the organization, you'll demonstrate excellent communication skills, including good phone and email etiquette.
* APPRECIATION FOR DIVERSITY you already demonstrate respect and you highly value the variety of cultures and talents that make up ACCO.
* INNOVATION although we have a great team and effective processes in place, we feel that there is always room for improvement, and we'll look to you to be creative as you partner with stakeholders to evaluate our operations, solve ongoing issues, and develop even better systems.
* STRONG APTITUDE for learning and developing new systems and programs.
* GOING THE EXTRA MILE ability to work overtime, as needed.
* WORK MANAGEMENT possess the ability to work in a high paced environment with the ability to prioritize tasks.
WHAT S IN IT FOR YOU*
* ESOP Employee Stock Ownership Program. An exciting benefit from ACCO to you, free of cost.
* Company Culture of Excellence Here at ACCO, we are flexible and foster creativity
* Competitive Time Off including PTO, Sick Time, and Personal Time
* Education Reimbursement Program for career development
* United Way is our philanthropy program. We give back to the community, and we have fun while doing it! ACCO has fundraising events such as raffles and bingo throughout the year.
* Competitive medical, dental, 401k
Do you have what it takes* Click the START YOUR APPLICATION link below and submit your resume. Once you ve applied, our dedicated Talent Acquisition team will be reviewing your resume. If your experiences matches our needs, you ll be hearing from us by phone or email.
MORE ABOUT ACCO
Why join ACCO* ACCO Engineered Systems is one of the largest mechanical contractors in the country. Since 1934, owners and builders have selected ACCO to design, install, and maintain more than 250,000 mechanical projects. ACCO is dedicated to the design, fabrication, installation, maintenance and service of commercial and industrial HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, process piping, and building automation systems. Whether your project is a low or high-rise office building, a shopping mall, hospital, semi-conductor fabrication facility or pharmaceutical manufacturing plant ACCO can design, build, install, and maintain a mechanical system to meet your needs
Here at ACCO, we are a part of something bigger. Just ask our customers: California Academy of Sciences, L.A. Live, and San Francisco 49ers Stadium. While we have been around for 80+ years, we continue to grow at a dynamic pace. And we are looking for talented individuals to join our team. To read more about us, check out our ABOUT US section with current news and events.
ACCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA M/F/V/D. We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. | Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
ACCO will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment.
At this time, ACCO is unable to provide visa sponsorship.