Senior Director of Regulatory Affairs 9/19/2017
Almost Family, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY NEW OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCED FOR A GROWING HOME HEALTH CARE COMPANY IN LOUISVILLE!
Almost Family, Inc. (NASDAQ: AFAM) is a leading provider of home health nursing, rehabilitation and personal care services. For over 40 years, we have developed a culture that fosters innovation, clinical excellence, and integrity. Almost Family, Inc. was founded in 1976 in Louisville, KY and operates as 30 companies with over 340 locations in 28 states. Almost Family, Inc. and its subsidiaries operate four segments:
* Visiting Nurse, or VN, which provides skilled nursing and physical, occupational and speech therapy services primarily to Medicare beneficiaries
* Personal Care, or PC, which provides custodial and personal care services
* Hospital Partnership Division: a joint venture with hospitals to provide home health and hospice services
* Health Care Innovations: an industry-leading segment investing in companies that will support traditional home care businesses and position company for new payment models
We believe in the importance of local recognition and seek to maintain and support the various trade names we operate under that have developed a reputation for high quality care among patients, referral sources and employees in their local communities. We maintain quality and consistency across locations and regions through our company 'Mission, Vision, and Values', which train our caregivers to look beyond the obvious needs of patients to be advocates for their physical, mental, and emotional needs, with the ultimate outcome of allowing them to age in place.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Senior Director of Regulatory Affairs will be primarily responsible for maintaining ongoing compliance with regulatory requirements for Home Health and Hospice. This position will guide and direct regulatory activities within the organization, including policy and procedures. This position is responsible for oversight of federal, state and Accreditation Organization surveys, including identification and reporting of organizational trends by agency, market, region, organization and corrective action plan.
* Identify, interpret and develop implementation plans for new, changed and existing regulatory and accreditation requirements including: Federal, State, Accreditation Organizations, and payors.
* Adheres to and directs agencies in regulatory activities to assure compliance with Federal/ State guidelines, rules, regulations, statutes, and laws.
* Development and maintenance of policies and procedures for organization including annual review of current processes and policies.
* Review and revise policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory, accreditation and state requirements.
* Project management of regulatory and accreditation requirements across multiple departments. Lead Regulatory and Policy Committee for organization.
* Development and maintenance of clinical and patient forms to adhere to current regulations and accreditation standards (print and electronic), including but not limited to: patient handbook, consents, clinical documentation, comprehensive assessment, visit notes, etc.
* Coordinate with Homecare Homebase (HCHB) resources to ensure Homecare Homebase (HCHB) workflows are adapted to regulatory and accreditation standards.
* Development and maintenance of Emergency Preparedness process for organization.
* Supervision of Accreditation activities for the organization.
* Plan, prioritize, organize and complete work to meet established objectives.
* Should be good steward of all agency financial resources, including but not limited to arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services needed.
* Follows corporate/agency/departmental policies and procedures.
* Maintains confidentiality of patients and agency information.
* Develops and maintains collaborative relationships including effective communication with agency staff while maintaining confidentiality.
* Acts as a resource for agency management and provides support for regulatory, accreditation and survey activities.
* In collaboration with Education Director, prepare educational resources for agencies to maintain regulatory compliance.
1. Minimum 10 years of experience in Home Care: Home Health, Hospice and Personal Care
2. Home Health and Hospice experience required
3. Prior experience working for a large, multi-site healthcare company required.
4. Prior experience working in a regulatory and accreditation role.
5. Knowledge and experience in federal and state requirements and regulations.
6. Knowledge and experience in accreditation standards and survey.
7. Knowledge and experience in use of Homecare Homebase (HCHB) EMR documentation.
8. Experience leading teams and project management experience preferred.
9. Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) required. Must possess a valid RN license in a state in which Almost Family operates.
10. Experience leading teams and project management experience preferred.
11. Prefer knowledge and experience in HomeCare HomeBase (HCHB).
12. Must be self-directed and motivated.
13. Strong attention to details and accurate.
14. Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, handle multiple projects, and work under pressure in a cooperative environment.
15. Strong interpersonal skills.
16. Excellent ability to retrieve, communicate, and present information, both verbally and in writing.
17. Ability to prioritize, provide clear objectives/goals, and lead committee in project management.
18. Must be proficient in the use of web-based portals, and the Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word).
19. Willingness to work a flexible schedule; including travel to agency locations
Almost Family, Inc offers a competitive salary and benefits package that helps safe guard your health and well- being, and provides savings options for you and your family. We offer the following benefits to full time employees:
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
* Life and Accidental Death Insurance
* Voluntary Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
* Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical & Dependent Care)
* Paid vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
* 401-k Retirement Plan JOIN OUR FAMILY... YOU'LL FEEL RIGHT AT HOME!