Senior Director, Pharmacy Contracting
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 2/22/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 10250-1756
HealthTrust (HealthTrust Purchasing Group, L.P.) is committed to strengthening provider performance and clinical excellence through an aligned membership model and the delivery of total spend management advisory solutions that leverage our operator experience, scale and innovation. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, HealthTrust serves approximately 1,600 acute care facilities and members in more than 26,000 non-acute care sites.
Job Summary Responsible for negotiating industry leading national agreements for the group purchasing organization in the area of Pharmacy. Objective is to ensure best in class industry pricing and contract terms and conditions.
Position's key area of focus will be sourcing initiatives that are primarily categories with high to very high spend, complexity, risk and sensitivity.
Individual is recognized as an expert negotiator with established customer trust. Individual has broad expertise in principles of negotiation and has demonstrated thorough understanding of contract terms and conditions. Individual has the ability to independently think through problems, identify risks, and devise appropriate solutions in high pressure situations. Individual must be proficient in mitigating business/contractual risk, identifying cost savings opportunities, and adept at identifying new areas for contracting. Individual interprets complex internal or external business issues and takes a broad perspective in identifying and executing solutions.
Individual provides project leadership for back office team members (finance, contract administration, etc.) and may sometimes direct other team members on specific tasks and objectives to complete and prioritize. In addition they provide strategic leadership and direction at a higher level regarding suppliers, projects, client needs, and input from senior leadership.
Duties (included but not limited to):
* Ability to independently plan and execute project timelines for assigned categories.
* Must have:
* Demonstrated level of organizational ability and attention to detail
* Ability to translate objectives into project planning priorities, create and manage work plans and timelines for multiple projects and priorities, and finalize negotiations in the time-frame designated for the project
* Ability to be highly efficient and productive, demonstrating high volume of contracts/categories handled without sacrificing on quality.
* Recognized as an expert in contracting discipline (e.g. nursing, surgery, capital, non-medical, PPI, etc.) and thorough category knowledge of portfolio, including but not limited to:
* Product features and benefits
* Product comparisons between supplier offerings
* Operational impact to provider
* Future product pipe-line and impact on market
* Interpretation of current and new FDA 510k filings
* Understanding of cost drivers (direct and indirect)
* Interpretation and use of market information provided by global sourcing team, plus ability on own to interpret raw materials that impact products and interpret raw material indices.
* End-user groups and sensitivities they have towards the products
* Individual must know and be able to use knowledge about supplier to develop strategies, create leverage, mitigate risks, anticipate direction of the market and potential supplier direction.
* Includes, but not limited to:
* lead complex corporate template negotiations with supplier
* Interpret of Supplier SEC filings, annual reports, or analyst reports
* Discuss future product pipelines with suppliers
* review current or future technology, including representation of HealthTrust at supplier and/or provider site visits
* Investigate new supplier entrants to market
* Understand and leverage the multi-business unit supplier and how they will leverage their capabilities
Strategy Development, Validation, and Risk Mitigation:
* Develops the contract strategy, formulates a clear vision and articulates steps to achieve the negotiation objectives. Also leads and directs other team members to help accomplish the strategic direction established.
* The individual must work closely with customer IDNs (clinicians, physicians, and high-level executives) to develop a strategy that aligns with customer needs/requirements, and meets objectives of the group-purchasing organization. The strategy must be presented and approved by HealthTrust senior leadership.
* Strategies must contemplate a variety of complex considerations. Individual must develop a strategy that manages and hedges risk to achieve the desired outcome. The individual must be adept at reading situations and adapting strategies or negotiations as necessary throughout the sourcing process.
* Thorough understanding and accountability for the sourcing process for their assigned portfolio. Including market research, bid preparation, RFI, Strategy Development & Validation, RFP, Contract Negotiations, and contract launch.
* CAP category strategies and final awards must be presented and validated by customer-led Advisory Boards and a customer-led, executive-level Supply Chain Board. Key initiatives will also be coordinated, discussed, and presented to the Equity Board, and potentially the Physician Advisory Board.
* Individual's board presentations must be well prepared, concise, and articulated clearly. Individual must consistently deliver a dynamic presentation that captures the audience's attention and delivered with enthusiasm/passion. Individual must be able to guide the audience to the desired end result.
Supplier and Customer Relationship Management:
* Supplier: In addition to overseeing supplier relationship during the sourcing process, this individual will strategically foster excellent working relationships with key suppliers, including the negotiation of master/corporate templates that cross business units with supplier.
* Customer: In addition to overseeing supplier relationship during the sourcing process, this individual will strategically foster excellent working relationships with key suppliers, including the negotiation of master/corporate templates that cross business units with supplier.
* Other: Representing HealthTrust at medium-to-large sized industry events, or other organizational projects with Suppliers and Customers.
* Ability to conduct self-confident and articulate business conversations with internal stakeholders, customers and suppliers (all levels, including executives).
* Major communications include:
* Facilitate conversations with internal functional team during project kick-off to gather feedback, opinions, and alignment of resource needs to meet contracting initiative timelines
* Communication of bid process, negotiation status, agreement on terms, financial proposal concerns and other matters with supplier and internal team
* Engaging customers through one-on-one conversations to articulate business strategy and resolve customer specific issues/concerns with contracting strategy or outcome.
* Interfacing with key supply chain executives and end-users in a live environment presenting and/or gaining commitment (advisory boards and supply chain board and equity board). Capable of securing desired outcomes through persuasion and influence.
* Collaboration required with functional team throughout sourcing process:
* With legal staff on development and finalization of contract
* With financial analysts on assessing supplier proposals
* With board leads on meeting with advisory boards
* With contract analysts on product/price loading of awarded agreements
* With portfolio specialists and communications on contract