Senior Water Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 1/12/2018
Arcadis U.S. Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob description
The Water Division of Arcadis is searching for an experienced Senior Distribution System Modeler, with 8 or more years experience, to join our Water Planning team in Washington, DC, Hanover, MD or Fairfax, VA.
Primary focus of responsibility for the Senior Engineer/Project Manager will be to execute technical assignments and guide other technical staff in, specifically, water supply planning (including demand projections), distribution system modeling, master planning, data management and GIS systems for a wide variety of projects. This position will be filled by an accomplished, independent professional that will perform technical, task management, Assistant PM/Project Management, and client management duties. This position will also require an applicant that has a passion for water distribution system services and must enjoy both the development and execution of these types of projects. Opportunities for the successful candidate will include leading and supervising project teams in planning and design development for water programs and infrastructure for industrial & municipal clients in the United States and globally.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Specialized experience in water distribution modeling, planning and design; experience with large and operationally complex systems.
* Responsibility for modeling staff - mentoring and technical leadership.
* Provide technical guidance and strategic input on marketing efforts, client management/development.
* Work on multiple, unique assignments simultaneously is required with strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
* Work and collaborate with project team members in multiple locations.
* 8 years of experience in water loss management and/or conservation.
* Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or related field.
* Experience with distribution system planning and design activities.
* Experience with multiple data systems (including GIS) for distribution system modeling and planning.
* Experience with distribution modeling software like WaterGems and InfoWater.
* Project delivery experience with budgeting, schedule monitoring, client management, and project controls.
* Strong knowledge of software products available and continued exploration of new and emerging technologies.
* Excellent verbal and written communication, client presentation, and proposal preparation skills.
Required Driving StatementThis position requires a current valid driver s license and clean driving record.
Background/Drug Screen StatementArcadis conducts background checks on all final candidates for employment. Certain jobs will also require a clean driving record, education verification & certification verification.
Employer StatementWe are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Why Choose ArcadisArcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles.
Work alongside the industry s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
About This Business LineWater, perhaps the world s most critical resource, can both sustain and destroy. As a global top five player in water services, we focus on the entire water cycle from source to tap and back again while also managing rivers and coastal zones, urban and rural water, and issues related to climate change and rising sea levels. Join our specialist teams of engineers, scientists and consultants and be uniquely positioned to provide safe and secure water technology that is built to withstand and support the demands of a rapidly changing world.
ARCADIS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.