Senior Distribution System Modeler 9/16/2017
Arcadis U.S. Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
The Water Division of Arcadis is searching for an experienced Senior Distribution System Modeler, with 8 or more years experience, to join our Water Planning team in Washington, DC, Hanover, MD or Fairfax, VA.
Primary focus of responsibility for the Senior Engineer/Project Manager will be to execute technical assignments and guide other technical staff in, specifically, water supply planning (including demand projections), distribution system modeling, master planning, data management and GIS systems for a wide variety of projects. This position will be filled by an accomplished, independent professional that will perform technical, task management, Assistant PM/Project Management, and client management duties. This position will also require an applicant that has a passion for water distribution system services and must enjoy both the development and execution of these types of projects. Opportunities for the successful candidate will include leading and supervising project teams in planning and design development for water programs and infrastructure for industrial & municipal clients in the United States and globally.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Specialized experience in water distribution modeling, planning and design; experience with large and operationally complex systems.
* Responsibility for modeling staff - mentoring and technical leadership.
* Provide technical guidance and strategic input on marketing efforts, client management/development.
* Work on multiple, unique assignments simultaneously is required with strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
* Work and collaborate with project team members in multiple locations.
* 8 years of experience in water loss management and/or conservation.
* Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or related field.
* Experience with distribution system planning and design activities.
* Experience with multiple data systems (including GIS) for distribution system modeling and planning.
* Experience with distribution modeling software like WaterGems and InfoWater.
* Project delivery experience with budgeting, schedule monitoring, client management, and project controls.
* Strong knowledge of software products available and continued exploration of new and emerging technologies.
* Excellent verbal and written communication, client presentation, and proposal preparation skills.
Background/Drug Screen Statementcolor
Arcadis conducts background checks on all final candidates for employment. Certain jobs will also require a clean driving record, education verification & certification verification.
Required Driving Statementcolor
This position requires a current valid driver s license and clean driving record.
* 10 - 15 years of progressively responsible experience.
* Master's Degree in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or related field.
* Experience in water loss management.
* Strong Client Management skills including; preparation and development of proposals and client relationship building.
* Active participation in regional and/or national professional associations.
* Professional Engineering Licensure.
Engineering - Water/Wastewater
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
What country will this position be in*
Apply to job Send to friend Save to cart View similar jobs
ARCADIS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.