Senior Engineer, Test
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 12/12/2017
Simi Valley, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONMeggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Senior Engineer, Test provides test engineering expertise while setting up and conducting complex quality testing. Ensures high quality development of Meggitt products/components.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Provides significant expertise in the creation of formal qualification test plans, procedures and reports
* Conducts complex qualification testing and provides written reports to project engineers
* Designs and develops special test rigs and advises on methods of testing
* Performs qualification test programs to ensure products/systems meet design specs
* Acts as a professional resource for colleagues with less experience
* Performs analysis and troubleshooting to determine root causes of failures
* Other responsibilities as assigned
* Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education : Post-secondary degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
Years Experience : 5 - 10 years of relevant experience
* Excellent test engineering knowledge to improve products by applying best practices and testing experience
* Ability to provide significant expertise on complex testing issues and to act as a resource for colleagues
* Effective interpersonal skills to drive tasks to completion
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and ability to communicate difficult concepts and negotiate well with others
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.