This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 12/29/2017
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONLocation: Fremont, CA
The Senior Facilities Maintenance Manager is responsible for the overall management and performance of all self-perform/vendor activities within site location, and supervise the C&W Services employees assigned to exceed the SOW/KPI requirements.
Specific responsibilities include customer relations/retention, quality assurance oversight, employee assessment/development, staffing, budget oversight, cost containment, short/long range planning, problem solving, and new product/service delivery, pending the client s direction. Primary responsibility for employee relations and customer satisfaction to ensure all teams are performing in a cohesive manner to achieve ultimate site ownership and proactive work environments.
Works directly with the Account Director of BI, who over sees the Finance manager on financial performance, Compliance Manager and EH/S Manager on site SOW/KPI performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Maintains/monitors customer contacts (owner, tenant), Proactively profiling customer needs/expectations and changes in customer priorities while development/implementing account retention strategies.
* Develops and implements quality assurance methods and procedures, overseeing same and assessing quality levels achieved by individual C&W
* SERVICES employees.
* Measures/assesses performance and potential of employees and recommends employees for current/future staffing needs.
* Coordinates career development program for management/non-management employees, providing leadership in assessment, planning, and follow-up evaluation of staff, as well as participating in self-development through coaching, training, and other developmental opportunities.
* Monitors/evaluates budgets and plans/coordinates future budget/special funding requests.
* Remains knowledgeable in new product/service deliver and communicates for use/implementation on site.
* Acts as the central point of contact for all facilities assets, equipment, systems, and infrastructure. Meets contractual requirements and exceeds customer expectations
* Executes the day to day details of the contract as it relates to O&M and lead the (O&M) department in a zero incident safety culture. Ensures associates/employees work safely and utilize PPE when required.
* Assist with the development and execution of the account s strategic plans (Business Continuity, Capital Planning, Facility Assessment, etc.).
* Develops standardized processes and programs for the account
* Communicate the operating philosophy, objectives, and expectations to project personnel in a continuing effort to build the project team, as directed by Sr. management.
* Responsible for the soft services SOW and team
* Manages the facility's predictive maintenance program, Respond to or provide direction to resolve all emergencies/deficiencies during normal working and after hours.
* Responds to customer satisfaction survey requiring follow up.
* Support monthly, and quarterly scorecard performance reviews, or as requested by client and company management
* Flexible to meet the needs and demands of a constantly changing work environment
* This position has supervisory responsibilities over the C&W SERVICES employees as indicated on the org chart for our client site/s.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
* Problem Solving Synthesizes complex or diverse information. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully Designs work flows and procedures.
* Customer Service Strong customer orientation, manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance. Listens carefully to customer needs. Able to take customer perspective to drive performance improvement. Effectively communicates organizational performance.
* Communication Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.- Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information. Shares expertise with others.
* Leadership and Teamwork Able to effectively lead in a multi-site organization without having direct line management responsibility. Show leadership through power of ideas and persuasion. Places team results above personal interests. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
* Business Acumen Must understand the client s business and how the client makes money. Understands business implications of decisions; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals. Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions. Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
* Innovation and Technical Skills Continually updates business and technical knowledge through technical training, industry organizations, research and literature. Shares expertise with others. Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work.
* Ethics Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values. Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
* Organizational Support Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
* Planning/Organizing Able to work independently and manage competing priorities across multiple sites.
* Strategic Thinking Understands business implications of decisions Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions. Develops policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities.
* Quality Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
* Innovation Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; - Develops and implements cost saving measures; Conserves organizational resources. Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention. Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Strives to increase productivity.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
* Bachelors Degree preferred, or a Master Electrician s license and/or certified HVAC technician, with 10 years of management experience, preferably in integrated facility services in the life sciences environment with HVAC and or Electrical applications.
* Professional certification and trade membership (i.e. SMRP, CPE, IFMA, BOMA or applicable trade association)
* Effective written and verbal communication skills. Experienced in computer technical