Senior Financial Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 12/12/2017
Fors Marsh Group LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONFors Marsh Group, LLC (FMG) is an applied research and consulting firm located in Northern Virginia. Our primary mission is to leverage insights from the social sciences for improved organizational decision-making. As a thriving small business, we are committed to providing growth opportunities for our employees, expanding their areas of competence, and challenging them to deliver the best possible research for our clients.
FMG is seeking an intelligent and motivated financial professional to join our firm. This position is located in Arlington, VA, and will support the day-to-day accounting and financial functions for the company. The Senior Financial Analyst will possess excellent attention to detail, continuously strive to learn and develop, and prefer working in a collaborative environment. The individual in this role will have the opportunity to work with all levels within the organization and will be responsible for helping to inform business leaders at FMG.
* Support for various financial activities including pricing, forecasting, budgeting, analysis, and reporting.
* Performing project-level financial analysis and reporting to include actual and projected hours and profitability.
* Tracking and reviewing data to make recommendations to improve financial performance at the division and project level.
* Responsible for the supervision of one or more accounting staff to develop via coaching, mentoring, and on-the-job training.
* Supporting a wide range of corporate accounting functions including client invoicing, payment processing, payables, and receivables.
* BA or BS in Accounting or Finance and five or more years of experience (Federal Government contracting experience preferred).
* Knowledge of relevant regulations, standards, and guidance.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and accounting software (Intacct is a plus).
* Knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and ability to be trusted with confidential information.
* Supervisory or leadership experience is a plus.
* Proven track record of using financial data to inform business decisions.
* Ability to communicate complex financial concepts in a concise, easy to understand manner.
* Ability to organize, participate, and present concepts in a team environment.
* A highly collegial and intellectually stimulating work environment.
* Highly competitive benefit/compensation package.
* A company culture promoting work-life balance.
FMG Is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.