Senior Full-Stack Application Developer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 11/25/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONWoolpert, Inc. is a cutting-edge national architecture, engineering and geospatial (AEG) firm that delivers value to clients by blending engineering excellence with innovative technology and geospatial applications. Woolpert was recently certified as an Employer of Choice by Great Place To Work(R). We believe great companies are built from exceptional people and amazing clients. As we grow, we are seeking an experienced Senior Full-Stack Application Developer in our Dayton, OH office.
The Senior Developer will lead projects from a technical perspective, meeting with clients to determine requirements, recommend architecture and technical approach, oversee the project deliverables from start to completion, and will heavily participate in the development work. Our Senior Developers collaborate with cross-functional internal and external stakeholders.
* Serve as the primary technical point-of-contact on projects
* Assist Project Managers with, scope, requirements gathering, budgets and client communication
* Review and advise recommendations for scope and schedule of proposals, develop budgets to complete technical aspects of a project
* Assist project management team with development of project proposal, definition of project schedule, fee and scope during the proposal and negotiation process
* Clarify performance expectations of phase and/or task deliverables; balance workload across team and oversee completion of deliverables
* Perform technical aspects of specified deliverables consistent with scope, schedule and budget
* Mentor junior developers on the project
* Conduct peer reviews
* Perform project QA/QC
* Provide technical expertise and leadership in project definition and planning phases of projects
* Coordinate the technical execution of projects
* Provide technical assistance and support to service line management and teams as needed
* Bachelor's or Master's Degree
* Experience developing RESTful web services
* Experience with responsive web design
* Ability to write geoprocessing scripts with Python preferred.
* Understanding of Esri's product line preferred.
* Prior experience mentoring remote/telecommuting peers is preferred
* Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, matrixed environment
* Ability to provide excellent customer service and uncover business development opportunities
* Proven track record of coaching team members and ability to set clear expectations and goals
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a dynamic environment
* Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment; offer constructive feedback and direction to support goals
* Quickly adapt and respond to industry changes as well as internal initiatives
Leading Innovation and Integrity...
As members of a leading design, geospatial and infrastructure management firm, Woolpert employees inspire each other to be the best through their ingenuity, diversity and vision. With projects that contribute to the sustainability, security and efficiency of federal, local and private-sector clients across the U.S. and abroad, our employees appreciate rewarding careers that contribute to advances in the Architectural/Engineering industry while also knowing they're serving the needs of some of the best communities and organizations around the world.
Presenting Opportunities and Challenges at Every Turn...
As a firm that recognizes the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through our excellent benefits package and competitive salaries.
Our vision: http://woolpert.com/about-us/
Learn more about our "Great Place To Work" certification: http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/woolpert-inc
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.