Senior Knowledge Analyst - Defense & Security
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 3/11/2018
Boston Consulting Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONBCG's Public Sector Practice Area works with a wide range of governments and other public sector entities across the world to address the specific challenges they are facing. We support our public sector clients by bringing our extensive public and private sector experience to each client engagement and enabling these organizations to build their skills and capabilities to drive innovative solutions in the public sector. The Public Sector Practice has completed over 1,000 projects in the past five years across an array of topics, including defense, security, education, infrastructure, economic development, and employment services. We work with a diverse set of defense, security, and intelligence agencies around the world.
We are seeking a strong candidate with a background in defense, security, and/or intelligence to fill a position within the Public Sector Practice Area as a Senior Knowledge Analyst with a primary focus on defense and security topics around the world.
As a Senior Knowledge Analyst, you will support our consulting teams, providing expertise, research, and insights for specific clients and projects. You will also contribute to BCG's IP development, partner with case teams to identify and address critical knowledge needs, support proposal writing and business development efforts, and support practice leadership on other efforts designed to grow the practice both internally and externally (e.g., marketing and communications).
Defense and security will be your primary focus, but you will also be expected to also contribute to the Public Sector Practice Area s knowledge needs more broadly.
Company InformationThe Boston Consulting Group (BCG) is a global management consulting firm and the world s leading advisor on business strategy. We partner with clients from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their highest value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises. BCG was founded in 1963 and is a privately owned firm with more than 14,000 employees across 85 offices in 48 countries. Integrity, respect for the individual, delivering value, and making an impact on society are just some of BCG's core values. BCG's commitment to both our clients' success and our own standards is what sets BCG apart as a world-class professional services organization. Join BCG - start your career at a company that is consistently ranked as the leader in its field, and is acknowledged as one of the best places to work.
Basic Job RequirementsEducation & Experience:
* Bachelors Degree required; Master's Degree preferred
* At least 2-5 years of relevant work experience in a defense, security, or intelligence agency (preferred) or in a consulting, contract, or research role supporting these types of agencies
* Native or near native English language skills. Bilingual or trilingual language/communication skills (French, German) preferred
Citizenship & Security Clearances:
* US citizenship required
* Security clearance(s) preferred (ability to potentially be granted a security clearance is a requirement)
* Understanding of defense/security/intelligence challenges and major transformation trends
* Strong work ethic and service mentality
* Solid analytical skills and ability to provide analytical advice
* Strong written and verbal communication
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple parallel tasks
* Ability to work autonomously and effectively in a large, global organization
* Ability to work effectively in a virtual team
* Strong interpersonal skills and credibility
* Collaborative, team player
* Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality when needed
Non-discrimination StatementThe Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable. BCG is an E-Verify Employer. Click here for more information on E-Verify. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Job ResponsibilitiesWork with consulting case and proposal teams
* Serves as the go-to knowledge expert for BCG consulting teams working on projects for defense, security, and intelligence agencies around the world
* Provides expertise and customized research for client work, including both current consulting case engagements and business development efforts
* Delivers original analysis and insights to case teams; provides thought partnership to case team leaders
* Partners with case teams to identify and address critical knowledge needs
* Works with case teams to collect, synthesize, and analyze case team insights into new content
Work with topic/sector teams
* Builds and updates defense and security sector content, including materials showcasing BCG s experience and expertise
* Partners with leadership on efforts to grow our defense and security work, including marketing and communications, sector planning, and internal affiliation (of partners to the Public Sector Practice)
* Contributes to content development for practice area meetings and trainings
* Collaborates on practice area intellectual capital development such as research projects, articles, datasets, tools, etc.