Senior Lead Dev Ops Engineer 9/19/2017
Mountain View, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Senior Lead Dev Ops Engineer
The Senior Lead Dev Ops Engineer will provide necessary skills, hands-on experience and leadership for design, implementation, monitoring, and maintenance of Engineering Services infrastructure environment in a 24x7 operations.
* Work closely with R&D leaders to gather the requirements and coordinate solutions
* Manage and communicate the plan and solutions to management
* Provide architectural and deployment recommendations based on existing systems deployment and utilization data to improve the security and performance
* Lead efforts to diagnose and resolve complex systems configuration, production and deployment problems.
* Provide support for operational issues including problem solving, root cause analysis and technical, and process recommendations for improvement.
* Proactively monitor systems performance & status to help maintain the service infrastructure and prevent outages as well as respond to failure and alert event notifications 24 x 7.
* Collect, analyze and present meaningful system metrics.
* Serve as liaison to vendors for systems for maintenance, problem resolution, and upgrades of installed hardware and system applications.
* Generate and maintain documentation/SOP for systems architecture and maintenance as well as for controls focused on security compliance.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelors in computer science or equivalent degree program
* 15+ years experience in Linux Systems and/or Network Administration required and experience with some or all: Firewall, network switches, and RedHat/Centos/Ubuntu.
* Minimum 7 years experience with NetApp, or other storage such as EMC, Dell, HP, 3PAR, etc., VMWare and VDI
* Experience with Enterprise Security architecture, SDLC, and configuration management.
* Experience with security policies and implementation, as candidate will be involved in execution of security policies
* Experience with Cloud, datacenter administration and maintenance.
* Excellent understanding of networking principles: TCP/IP, UDP, Routing, DNS, configuration of SSL certificates.
* Experience supporting a large enterprise application deployment in a high-availability environment.
* Experience working with NFS especially with NetApp NAS and SAN is a plus.
* Strong written and verbal communication & excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.