Senior Lead, Software Developer 10/10/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PURPOSE
Designs, develops and maintains specific modules within an application or system using existing and emerging technology platforms.
Writes and delivers code for features and modules, debugs existing code and modules and provides technical guidance to less experienced Developers - FTEs, Contractors, Offshore Partner Resources. Follows coding guidelines and practices and all technical processes and ensures they are followed by less experienced Developers. Develops and validates estimates for technical work that will be undertaken. On an as needed basis assigns and allocates defects to less experienced Developers. Participates in analysis of requirements for designing new application and system features.
- 10 years software engineering experience in a development capacity using C#, PowerShell scripting with familiarity in Java and Linux
- 2-3 year of experience with Microsoft Azure
- Must have at least 2 years experience leading an engineering team
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Sciences or Engineering.
- Professional programming certification in a mainstream programming language is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Strong knowledge in Azure development.
-Solid knowledge C# with a working understanding of Java, scripting etc. - Solid knowledge of SOA: XML Web Services, SOAP.
- Good knowledge of mobile development concepts.
- Solid knowledge of Design Patterns and Practices.
- Good knowledge of IT security concepts and ability to use them while designing and developing code.
- Working knowledge of SQL and well as No-SQL database topologies and associated best practices.
- Demonstrate good understanding of networking concepts.
- Advanced knowledge of version control / source code management.
- Demonstrate an understanding of trade-offs and risks with programming choices.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Agile methodologies and practices.
- Ability to coordinate multiple technical streams of work to produce a complete solution.
- Ability to estimate and also lead the estimation process for small initiatives.
- Ability to work well both independently or as a member of a team.
* Business Acumen
* Conflict Management
* Risk Management
* Accuracy/Attention to Detail
* Agile Development
* App. Design Architecture
* Application Development Tools
* Application Maintenance
* Application Testing
* Cloud Computing
* Conceptual Thinking
* Configuration Management
* Info. Security Management
* Knowledge of Organization
* Managing Change
* Perf. Measurement and Tuning
* Product Design/Architecture
* Requirements Analysis
* Server Op. Sys. and Platforms
* Systems Thinking
* Technical Troubleshooting
* Tech. Writing/Documentation
* Adhering to Principles & Values
* Creating & Innovating
* Customer Focus
* Results Orientation
* Impact & Influence
* Leading Execution
SITA is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran. SITA does not discriminate based on age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, disability, marital status, age, Vietnam Era Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
SITA is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to individuals with disabilities. SITA will provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed.
SITA's equal employment opportunity policy applies to all employment practices and actions, including, without limitation, recruitment, application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions.