Senior Manager, Learning & Development (Bedminster, NJ)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 1/6/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
Senior Manager, Learning & Development
Job Description Summary
The Senior Manager, Learning & Development is responsible for designing, developing and implementing learning and development programs for Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals globally. The Senior Manager of Learning & Development will oversee programs and practices that accelerate individual and organizational performance, while enabling engagement and an overall employee experience. This will include development of employees at all levels, from individual contributors to executives, to strengthen the business and people leadership skills of the organization and build succession depth through a robust talent pipeline. This role will work in close partnership with business and human resources leaders to develop and maintain an engaged and productive employee population.
The Senior Manager, Learning & Development will incorporate leading, learning and development concepts in all facets of needs assessment, design and delivery, striving for robust sustainable behavioral change and skill development of our employees.
Job Description: The Senior Manager, Learning & Development responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Partner with internal resources and external learning experts on the design, development and implementation of integrated and sustainable learning & development programs and practices.
* Partner with other organizational development & learning, human resources and business leaders to identify learning and development needs and priorities. Leverage insights from Performance Management, Talent Reviews and assessments to assess learning & development needs.
* Partner on the roll out and implementation of our Leadership Framework and supporting development.
* Partner with internal stakeholders to design and deliver the Performance Management process and create supportive learning to build skills in the Performance Management space.
* Partner with Talent Management Lead on engagement surveys and recommend/develop training and development tools in response to the survey results.
* Be familiar with various methods of learning from virtual to in class training.
* Design and develop offerings and experiences that will enhance the skills and capabilities required to drive the strategic objectives of the business and enable a positive employee experience.
* Design and deploy fully blended and sustainable learning and development solutions using a variety of innovative and relevant methods that are delivered in an integrated fashion (on-the-job, action learning, executive coaching, rotational programs, shadowing, self- study and in classroom sessions, communities of practice, knowledge management, etc.).
* In partnership with the Talent Acquisition team, identify synergies between the two teams and ensure learning & development programs are incorporated into our recruiting efforts, including manager and interviewer training.
* Develop and manage to a framework for measuring the ROI of learning & development initiatives; establish clear goals to measure success; develop metrics, track and analyze results to assess the effectiveness of programs.
* Maintain knowledge of current industry thinking and trends and regularly communicate to leadership in this area. Remain current on industry trends and considered a thought leader in the field of L&D with expertise and insight sought by others.
* Bachelor s degree from an accredited academic program. Master s degree in Organizational Psychology or Adult learning or similar degree preferred
* 10+ years of experience in the design and delivery of learning development programs preferably with exposure to leaders or senior level contributor capacity
* Proven successful experience in utilizing different learning and development theories, organizational development models, and behavioral tools
* Working knowledge of LMS
* Proven experience in partnering with the business to build strategies to solve for organizational & learning needs and challenges.
* High level of interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills, excellent problem-solving capabilities and superior analytical skills.
* Ability to work with multiple groups, including remote teams, and build strong personal networks across a complex, fast-moving organization.
* Proven track record of proactive, strategic vision and being able to take a concept all the way to execution and measurement, as well as demonstrated accountability for achieving individual and shared goals.
* Willing to perform all aspects of the role from scheduling, to tracking, to design and delivery
RELATIONSHIP WITH OTHERS:
This role interacts with all levels within Mallinckrodt, engages with external candidates, and manages outside vendors of vary size and complexity.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
This role will have significant accountability for ensuring that Mallinckrodt is developing the right talent. It will work closely with the Talent Management head and Talent Acquisition team to design and deliver cutting edge support that will align with the complete life cycle of an Mallinckrodt employee.
Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.