Senior Medical Director, Global Medical Affairs, Oncology - M7824
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/18/2017
END DATE 10/5/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONA career with us is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Who We Are: EMD Serono is the North American biopharma brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany - a leading science and technology company - focused exclusively on specialty care. For more than 40 years, the brand has integrated cutting-edge science, innovative products and industry-leading patient support and access programs. EMD Serono has deep expertise in neurology, fertility and endocrinology, as well as a robust pipeline of potential therapies in oncology, immuno-oncology and immunology as R&D focus areas.
The Senior Medical Director for M7824 is a key leadership role on the Global Medical Affairs Oncology leadership team, and reports directly to the VP, Global Medical Affairs Oncology. The Senior Medical Director is the medical brand lead, and sets the medical strategy for the team. The Senior Medical Director is responsible for hiring and supervising a team of highly skilled medical professionals to develop medical plans and tactics to execute the medical strategy, and develops key performance indicators and metrics to measure and ensure impact and success. Central to this role is providing patient-centric clinical experience and keen oncology landscape perspectives on treatment and competitors to key stakeholder partners working on oncology pipeline, development and marketed products.
Working closely with the Medical Directors of the Global Medical Affairs Oncology team to build, monitor, track, manage, and assist with the development and implementation of the Global Medical Affairs strategic medical plans and initiatives for Merck KGaA Global Medical Affairs Therapeutic Area of Oncology. In addition, this role requires close coordination cross-functionally with Global Medical Excellence and Operations, Regional & Country Medical Affairs, Research & Development, Global Business Franchise, Medical Information, Regulatory Affairs, Legal and Finance to create and ensure alignment across all teams. Also responsible for medical strategy, tactics, operations, activities, and tracking (milestones and budget).
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Serve as medical brand lead and responsible for strategy development & execution
* Hire, train, manage and supervise team of medical staff assigned to you
* Manage medical partnerships and alliances with key strategic external partners
* Organize brand or indication team and lead regular team meetings
* Ensure alignment of publications, key opinion leader engagement, research and medical intelligence
* Create annual medical strategic plan and ensure successful implementation for all functional areas
* Create medical launch plans for new indications
* Maintain an expert level of knowledge of drug, disease state, competitive environment and key opinion leaders
* Develop, manage and track of key performance indicators and metrics for medical team
* Develop and manage medical communications platform.
* Oversee publication planning, review and approval
* Budget, forecast and track medical team internal and external expenditures
* Oversee medical Advisory Board strategic planning and develop action plans
* Provide all strategic presentations and updates to senior management
* Partner appropriately with commercial and development counterparts, as well as regional leads and other cross functional medical colleagues
Who You Are:
* MD, with experience in oncology (required)
* Excellent command of spoken and written English (German a plus)
* Minimum of 12 years of managerial responsibilities in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry, or equivalent academic experience with demonstration of successful results
* Clinical experience and knowledge treating oncology patients.
* Demonstrated understanding of the clinical development and post-approval environment for pharmaceuticals including post-approval clinical studies and medical affairs strategic initiatives
* Knowledge and application of business planning & leadership principles, such as goal setting, action plans, monitoring tools, directive and supportive techniques to develop and implement action plans
* Possess strong budget experience and knowledge
* Demonstrated ability to work with teams, manage a diverse work group, motivate them, and maximize productivity
* Creation and oversight of cross-functional and multi-disciplinary teams
* Experience in developing and leading teams in changing competitive environment, changing product technology, and changing needs
* Experience in working in an environment, which integrates all business unit functions
* Demonstrated orientation & credibility with internal and external customers
* Creation of solid plans and reports for which performance and progress can be measured and evaluated
* Able to travel up to 40% (required)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.
EMD Serono is a division of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt Germany.