Senior Metallurgical Engineer (PTE)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 1/10/2018
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means joining one of the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. Stanley Black & Decker is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth.
We have been globally recognized as one of the most innovative, sustainable, and rewarding companies in the world. Stanley Black and Decker s 2015 Revenue was 11.2B and our Global Tools & Storage division is responsible for $7.1B of SBD annual revenue. Global Tools and Storage is currently seeking candidates for a Senior Metallurgical Engineer in Towson, Maryland. This position is posted in anticipation of a need for candidates in the future.
Job Specifications: * Provide Metallic Materials expertise to the Powertool teams.
* Drive materials and process selection for New Product Development.
* Utilize technical expertise and problem solving skills for manufacturing and sourcing issues.
* Perform Failure Analysis and lead efforts to resolve issues effectively and efficiently.
* Work directly with suppliers to ensure consistent quality of components & raw materials.
* Identify and implement materials and processing alternatives for Value Improvement and Warranty initiatives.
* Evaluate, purchase and maintain materials laboratory equipment.
Employee Specifications: * BS Degree or equivalent in Materials or Metallurgical Engineering discipline
* 5 years minimum experience in Engineering/Manufacturing Materials field
* Experience with materials processes including: heat treatment, investment casting, powdered metal, die casting, stamping, machining, and forging/cold forming.
* Proven experience in failure analysis, materials testing and technical report writing.
* SPC and related quality techniques experience
* Interpersonal skills capable of interfacing with all levels of the business
* Supervisory experience preferred
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran s status or any other protected characteristic..