Senior Performance Engineer - Platform DX
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/18/2017
END DATE 7/19/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONPost Date:
SENIOR PERFORMANCE ENGINEER, PLATFORM DX
LOCATION: LOUISVILLE, COLORADO OR BELLEVUE, WASHINGTON
Salesforce helps companies connect with their customers in a whole new way. We are blazing new trails in enterprise software every day while focusing on our mission of improving the state of the world.
Within the Platform DX (Developer Experience) group, we strive to build the best technology to enable our customers and partners to build customized solutions, grow fast, and be successful. We think of ourselves as a customer company, which means we value our relationship with the customer and carry the customers trust as our highest priority in everything we do. Our customers' success is our success.
Platform development teams are constantly building and refining processes to aid our work, efficiency and sustainability. We believe in trust, diversity, collaboration, transparency, accountability, calculated risk taking, self-reflection, volunteering and giving back, continuous improvement, and having fun. We celebrate wins and learn from our failures, big and small.
Are you obsessed with squeezing the last bit of performance possible out of your applications* Are you able to diagnose performance problems, then fix them* Are you able to develop new feature code, and modify existing code* Are you intrigued by some of the largest enterprise cloud deployments on the planet and how they really scale* As a Performance Engineer you'll be a part of the team responsible for ensuring Salesforce.com remains the world's most highly performing, scalable, and reliable enterprise cloud computing company. Your direct efforts will help us ensure we use the most innovative methodologies, deep architecture expertise, cutting-edge automation, and advanced tools in the industry to maintain our leadership position.
We are looking for a talented performance engineer who is excited and motivated to help build Salesforce's future. Job grade level is flexible based on experience and skills. We want you to be curious, have a passion for learning, enjoy problem solving, and thrive on helping high-performing teams deliver. The most important characteristic we look for is the ability to figure out what should be done and get it done within the spirit of Salesforce -- this requires thoughtfulness with a bias towards taking action and assuming responsibility.
* Measure, analyze, and optimize the performance and scalability of new and existing features within an Agile development environment.
* Find performance bottlenecks in features across all areas of the cloud, diagnose the issues, fix them, and verify and test your solutions with the owning team.
* Develop sophisticated tests that enable us to perform the most complex load simulations and comprehensive end-to-end automation in the industry to help ensure our features are blazingly fast and bulletproof.
* Design and implement scalability, stability, stress, reliability, availability, and longevity tests using industry standard tools and custom developed software written in Java and other languages.
* Scope performance testing efforts, prioritize test cases, develop solid project milestones.
* Develop and review test plans, results analysis, capacity planning guides.
* Work closely with hybrid developers and product owners to understand product requirements and design appropriate performance test plans to verify features performance and scalability requirements.
* Participate in planning and retrospectives with development teams.
* Provide accurate scoping, clear strategies, and milestones for performance tests.
* Communicate status & risks to test complete dates, and offer mitigation strategies to ensure on-time delivery of all committed projects to cross functional teams.
* Review automation implementations and encourage sound design principles.
* Report trends highlighting product performance and team status against committed milestones and projects.
* Reproduce, diagnose, and resolve critical customer situations requiring special performance tests or simulations.
* Evangelize Performance: Own and drive the performance initiatives.
* 3+ years of benchmark testing, performance analysis, troubleshooting, and optimizing enterprise software
* 3+ years of software development experience
* Expert level understanding of the key performance metrics associated with throughput, latency, memory, CPU, disk & network and the ability to debug bottlenecks associated with any of them
* Ability to design, code, and test performant feature code
* Ability to pinpoint performance bottlenecks, then fix them
* Experience developing software benchmarks
* Ability to identify potential limitations in software architectures
* Experience with profiling tools such as JProfiler, JMeter, and YourKit
* Experience with HTTP load generation / measurement software, such LoadRunner and JMeter
* Experience analyzing and interpreting large volume of production data using Splunk to understand throughput, latency, memory and CPU utilization
* Familiar with CI software such as Jenkins
* Ability to identify potential limitations in software architectures
* Ability to write clear and concise technical documents
* Working knowledge of HTTP, REST, JSON
* Knowledge of SQL is a plus
* Outstanding attention to detail and communication skills
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" six years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" nine years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.