Senior Product Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 3/28/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONSeeking a highly motivated, experienced and enthusiastic Technical Product Manager to guide the development of Flexera Software s premiere FlexNet Operations solution. You will lead the enhancement of the product, and ensure that the 'voice of business' is fully represented in the Agile process. You are responsible for the product and its features from concept to EOL. You will work with architects, product managers, marketing and development teams to ensure that business, quality and functional goals are met with each product release. You are responsible for the design, usability, quality and delivery of the product and features. You are a key decision maker in priorities and design decisions and ensure that all stakeholders are aligned at each stage. See below for a description of the products you will own.
The products you will manage are critical to Software Publishers and Intelligent Device Manufacturers. The entitlement management back office is a critical component of their infrastructure, and is often integrated to ERPs, CRMs, PDMs, and Marketing engines. The back office provides a large amount of functionality, including triggers for revenue recognition, electronic software delivery, software updates and license key management. The solution is used as a platform for the management of Entitlements, Licensing, Devices, Subscriptions and Renewals. It has the capability of delivering extensive reporting and data mining related to product usage.
FlexNet Operations is used by 100's of software and hardware producers, managing over one hundred thousand products and billions in product revenue.
* Create user stories by collaborating with product managers/marketing and engineering. Identify clear Acceptance Criteria for each
* Develop and maintained a prioritized backlog of user stories
* Work with development teams to ensure that they understand the vision and scope for each feature. Serve as the voice of the customer internally.
* Actively participate in the agile processes and remove/mitigate impediments impacting successful completion of Release/Sprint goals.
* Develop UI mock ups
* Manage the full product life cycle for our back office product (on-premise and SaaS)
* Conduct customer research and gather feedback on feature development
* Help create marketing materials such as datasheets and white papers that communicate the customer benefits of our product offerings, and reflect our position as an established industry leader
* Be the product ambassador and expert for the rest of the organization including sales, sales engineers, consulting, technical support and account managers
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
* BA/BS minimum
* Technical background is a must; hands-on Development/Engineering experience is a preferred
* 5+ years of product management, applications engineer or professional services experience for a software or hardware producer
* 1+ year experience with licensing technology a significant plus
* Familiarity with User Experience / UI Design
* Agile software development experience a plus
* Strong time-management and prioritization skills as well as attention to detail
* Superior written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work effectively on projects with developers and software dev managers
* Must be able to demonstrate success at prior position
* SaaS experience a must including understanding SaaS architecture, business models, implementation challenges, etc.
* 2+ experience working with highly-complex products
* Must be physically in our Orinda, CA office with ability to spend 1 day a week in our San Jose office.
Flexera Software is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status or status as a Vietnam-era or other veteran or any other legally protected class.