Senior Programmer Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 1/7/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONSENIOR PROGRAMMER ANALYST
Job ID: 2017-15845
Location: Bethpage, NY
Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
Working with Project Managers and technical leads, the Senior Programmer Analyst is responsible for the timely completion of systems and programming tasks for complex or business-critical applications. These tasks might include system design, coding, testing, installation, documentation and post-installation audits, all performed in accordance with established standards. Typically, the Senior Programmer Analysts is assigned to one or more business units of medium to large size and the project assignments are medium to large scale, moderately to highly complex, and/or moderately to highly visible.
* A Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience and technical training, is required
* Minimum of six year of systems analysis and programming experience
* Programming language and operating system expertise consisting of, but not limited to the following; C, C++, UNIX, Windows NT, JAVA, EJB, Tuxedo, Vitria, Tibco and object oriented languages (such as Powerbuilder or Visual Basic)
* Experience in systems design
* Experience developing and deploying applications in a multi-tier environment
* Experience working within a formal methodology for software development
* Experience in full project lifecycle including all stages of design, development and implementation of custom applications as well as the deployment of packaged solutions
* Experience in application development utilizing a relational database such as Oracle or Sybase
* Ability to perform multiple tasks and adjust priorities based on workload and direction from management
* Strong verbal and written communications skills
* A full understanding of project management processes and tasks
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace..