Senior Project Engineer - Manufacturing 10/10/2017
Baldwin - Kearney Exempt
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
Responsible for the design and development of new and existing manufacturing processes. Is knowledgeable in the design, operation, and maintenance of manufacturing equipment. Uses sound knowledge of engineering theory and design criteria, to participate in the design and development of new manufacturing processes and recommends action necessary to improve cost effectiveness and/or correct deficiencies of existing processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Formulates, recommends, assists, and coordinates in implementing manufacturing processes and procedures
that result from project assignments. Following are areas of responsibility for assigned projects:
a) New and revised production methods.
b) New tooling and equipment.
c) Manpower and equipment utilization.
d) Energy conservation.
e) New materials.
f) Waste reduction and disposal.
g) Layout drawings.
2. Works closely with product engineering personnel in reviewing and analyzing previously developed designs for
the purpose of making improvements.
3. Develops and coordinates comprehensive proposals for assigned projects for the purpose of manufacturing
improved products and reducing operating costs while maintaining a safe work environment.
4. Coordinates and expedites assigned engineering projects from inception to completion.
5. Participates in specific cost reduction programs.
6. Is responsible for efficiently coordinating outside vendor contact on projects that require their involvement.
7. As required, designs and performs CAD drawing functions to accomplish layout and detail drawings of
fabricating tools, dies, and other special adaptations and equipment. Also creates preventive maintenance and
operating training procedures when necessary.
8. Utilizes various computer aided design stations, engineering tools, and measuring equipment.
9. Directs and assists setup of new product lines and tools produced by other CLARCOR companies and vendors.
10. Assures that drawings meet document control requirements.
11. Provides technical assistance to Tool Room, Maintenance, and Production personnel.
12. Responsible for keeping abreast of developments in the field through contacts with professional societies,
educational centers, journals, periodicals, etc.
13. Is responsible for quality and safety of own work and compliance of all company procedures and policies.
Baldwin Filters is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/V/D.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
Required: Bachelor s degree in engineering or technology with six or more years experience in engineering.
Preferred: Bachelor s degree in engineering or technology with ten or more years of engineering experience and a full understanding of manufacturing processes, filter products, and production operations including
extensive knowledge in the design, operation, maintenance, and development of manufacturing equipment related to the manufacture of filters and their components.
* We are an EEO employer for Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons & Protected Veterans.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.