Senior Project Engineer Water System Planning
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2017
END DATE 11/30/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Our Iselin NJ office is seeking a Senior Project Engineer with experience in all aspects of water system planning and hydraulic modeling. Water system planning activities may include: master plans; capital investment plans; facility plans; feasibility studies; business case evaluations; asset management plans; and ad hoc planning assignments. The preferred candidate would have 7 to 12 years of relevant experience with a desire to promote their career in water system planning and water system modeling. The ideal candidate will have planning and design experience in all aspects of potable water supply, including: source of supply; production and treatment; and distribution and storage. Looking for a candidate with new ideas and approaches in the area of water system planning.
The job duties would include:
* Responding to RFPs for water system planning by writing and costing proposals
* Oversee a team of staff engineers to perform all planning activities
* Oversee a team to perform water demand and customer projections
* Provide expert oversight to staff in the use of Bentley Systems WaterGEMS hydraulic modeling software for the development, calibration and analysis of water systems
* Interface with our GIS team for the development of new models
* Perform condition assessments of facilities for small, medium and large systems (both below grade and above grade assets)
* Perform risk and prioritization analysis for both below grade and above grade renewal projects
* Knowledge of the local, state and federal rules and regulations associated with water systems
* Develop cost estimates to support capital improvement plans
* Familiarity with asset management concepts and principles
* Although the day-to-day focus is planning, the ideal candidate will also have the ability to oversee water design projects (e.g, pipelines, booster stations, tanks, and groundwater or surface water treatment plants)
* B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering
* 7-12 years of experience in water system planning and design
* Strong technical writing skills
* Professional Engineering license required
* Strong GIS skills
* Ability to train younger staff and act as a technical lead.
Mott MacDonald is a $2bn engineering, management and development consultancy. We re one of the largest and most diverse firms of our kind in the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180 principal offices, delivering projects in 150 countries.
Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Equal employment opportunity is the law.
English version - http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Spanish version - http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeosp.pdf
Chinese version - http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost(chinese).pdf