SENIOR PROJECT MANGER / 40 HOURS / DAY/ BWH PATIENT BUSINESS SYSTEMS
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 12/22/2017
Brigham & Women's Hospital(BWH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL SUMMARY:
The Senior Project Manager's major responsibilities include:
* Providing comprehensive project management
* Analyzing and organizing qualitative and quantitative clinical, financial and administrative data
* Managing various quality assurance, revenue enhancement and cost reduction teams and projects
* Coordinating a variety of complex and confidential special projects
* Overseeing and directing the work of Project Managers.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to Manager - Revenue Operations/Systems
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Serve as the Senior Project Manager for compliance, revenue, systems and process issues encompassing departments within Finance and additional areas at Brigham Health (BWH/BWFH), DFCI and Partners.
* Prepare financial analysis and business plans for program development and process/revenue improvement initiatives.
* Provide financial analysis to assist with reduction of claim rejections/denials.
* Direct and manage projects on behalf of department Director and other management staff.
* Collect, organize and summarize materials for presentations by the Director and Management Team.
* Act in capacity of Director/Manager as staff representative on internal and external committees or task force as needed.
* Lead projects that impact revenue cycle workflow and require coordination of processes and systems to ensure fully functioning revenue cycle.
* Collaborate with management to establish goals, specifications, and time lines for all assigned projects.
* Resolve system and process issues that are significant, sensitive, political and confidential in nature.
* Provide information necessary for monitoring quality assurance of system implementations ensuring compliance with all quality standards and guidelines for clinical and revenue operations.
* Provide inter-institutional coordination and processes that will ensure accurate and compliant billing between hospital institutions.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in business information systems, public or health management or the sciences preferred.
* Exceptional judgment and discretion in interacting with physicians and senior management on sensitive political and confidential issues.
* Healthcare experience preferred with 5-7 years of work experience and knowledge of current issues in the healthcare environment.
* Project Management training a plus.
* Data management and information system experience.
* Knowledge and application of statistical analyses including financial variance analysis and statistical significance.
* Proficiency in systems and applications including Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint and other database management software.
* Requires sound analytical skills.
* Requires excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
* Requires superior problem-solving skills and the ability to work with multiple demands and priorities.
* Requires knowledge of computers and management information systems and the ability to provide specifications for program development, system enhancements and reports.
* Strong healthcare revenue cycle technology / systems integration experience.
* Ability to provide services, negotiate commitments and make presentations as they relate to Revenue Operations
* Thorough knowledge of revenue cycle policies and procedures necessary to develop programs, coordinate activities, and motivate and instruct others.
* Ability to establish and maintain frequent contacts with Hospital senior administrative staff including VPs, other department heads, legal services, committee chairpersons, and directors for medical services.
* Requires interpersonal skills to interact effectively with all levels of staff, patients, families and community organizations. Must be able to collaborate and consult in an effective interdisciplinary team approach.
* Independent judgment needed to deviate from standard policies, procedures and schedule when necessary, ability to focus detailed, concentrated effort to multiple initiatives and re-establish priorities as necessary.
Brigham and Womens Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.