Senior Protein Purification Technician I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 12/13/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONFunctional Area: Marketing
The Senior Production Technician I performs assigned manufacturing and process development duties in a ISO 13485 environment.
Job performance will involve a variety of activities including:
- Executes development and production scale purification protocols as directed.
- Works with standard scientific equipment as described in relevant procedures; AKTA Purifier and AKTA Pilot, UV spectrophotometer, balances, chromatography columns, PAGE, autoclaves, pH meter, refrigerators, freezers, biohazard safety cabinets.
- Records results in laboratory notebooks; required to have meticulous organization and record keeping skills.
- Prepares buffers and solutions.
- Communicates as a team member with other functional groups, via face to face, email and written reports.
- Assists with investigations, root cause analysis, and corrective action/preventative action (CAPA) implementation.
- Maintains protein purification batch records to ensure quality standards are met.
- Maintains and operates machinery used in manufacturing based on specific procedures.
- Cleans work area, machinery and equipment and maintains work area in an orderly manner.
- Stocks lab areas with supplies as needed, inventories supplies and places orders.
- Keeps up-to-date with required training and development and improve job skills.
- Interprets operating requirements and monitors gauges and instrumentation.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor s degree from four year college or university and/or combination of experience and training.
- 2-3 years related life sciences experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working experience with AKTA hardware and UNICORN software
- Working experience with BPG and XK column maintenance and packing
- Drive and Determination
- Ability to participate with others as a member of the team to ensure that demanding and difficult projects are handled smoothly and cooperatively to enhance success of project and maintain strong relationships within all parts of company
- Strong communication skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.