Senior Quality Control Inspector - Final Inspection 9/20/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION: Senior Quality Control Inspector - Final Inspection
LOCATION: Montville, NJ
JOB ID: 395
# OF OPENINGS: 1
SENIOR QUALITY INSPECTOR - FINAL INSPECTION
Founded in 1943, Marotta Controls is a fully integrated solutions provider which designs, develops, qualifies and manufactures innovative systems and sub-systems for the aerospace and defense sectors. Our portfolio includes pressure, power, motion, fluid, and electronic controls for weapon systems, shipboard and sub-sea applications, satellites, launch vehicles, and aircraft systems. With over 200 patents, Marotta continues to build on its legacy as a highly respected, family-owned small business based in the state of New Jersey
We take our work seriously and deliver on our promise to develop best in class technology backed up by superior quality and world-class service. Our teams have repeatedly been recognized for outstanding performance by some of the most prestigious organizations in the world. Honors include: Outstanding Small Business Supplier -Lockheed Martin; Small Business Supplier of the Year Lockheed Martin; Platinum Source Supplier - Northrop Grumman; Special Recognition for Outstanding Execution The Boeing Company; Supplier of the Year Nomination The Boeing Company; Regional Small Business of the Year - US Small Business Administration; George M. Low Award for Quality and Excellence NASA.
The Sr. Quality Control Inspector is responsible for visual and dimensional inspections on manufactured parts, assemblies, and/or sub-assemblies. This role independently conducts inspections, according to engineering drawings, customer purchase order(s), industry standards, and specifications. The Sr. Quality Control Inspector will be required to report detailed inspection accept/reject information directly to the customer with shipments.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
* Technical school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Minimum 5-7 years experience at test and inspection in a manufacturing or production environment with mechanical parts (aerospace/defense preferred).
* Experience in quality and source inspection on machined/mechanical parts using GD&T, plus CMM, optical and other mechanical tools/ measuring instruments for inspections.
* ISO9001 / AS9100 knowledgeable. Familiar with AQL, sampling methods and traceability.
* Strong verbal/written communication skills required for multi-faceted interactions with all levels of personnel within the organization, as well as any and all outside agents, including but not limited to; vendors, suppliers, customers, etc.
* Strong computer literacy, with MS Office/PC expertise, and demonstrated experience with applicable systems, programs, equipment, etc.
ESSENTIAL OR PRIMARY / KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
* Inspect products using gauges, coordinate measuring machine, scales, oscilloscope and vision prior to shipment
* Perform inspections with calipers, radius gauges, single-axis laser scanner, comparators, and measurement machines
* Perform Mechanical measurements and visual quality assessments of received items, work-in-progress, and finished goods
* Create defect notes for inspected product found to be unacceptable
* Generate spreadsheets for data collection
* Reconcile final inspection documentation for shipments
* Interact with source inspector
* Test incoming raw materials
* Read, understand and interpret blueprints, drawings, schematics, etc.
* Approve incoming materials by confirming specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, rejecting and returning unacceptable materials
* Approve in-process production by confirming specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, communicating required adjustments to production supervisor
* Approve finished products by confirming specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, returning products for re-work, and confirming re-work
* Document inspection results by completing reports and logs, summarizing re-work and waste, and inputting data into quality database
* Ensure measurement equipment is operational and properly calibrated , according to operating instructions and manage repairs
* Coordinate with Engineering, Operations, and other sources to resolve issues and meet goals
* Assist with training requirements of new hires and existing employees and facilitate training if needed
ADDITIONAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
* Bring initiatives and activities to closure in a timely manner through effective interaction with individuals, both internal and external to the Marotta organization (as required).
* Maintain and continue to elevate relationships with Business Development, Engineering, Operations, Customer Service and all other facets of the company
* Abide by all safety, quality, housekeeping and company policies/procedures to ensure compliance to various regulatory and internal system requirements
* Foster a positive and cooperative work environment through effective communication at all levels internal and external to the organization
* Actively participate in team meetings, improvement initiatives/programs, etc. to provide constructive recommendations and initiate actions to support company initiatives/goals
* Consistently demonstrate commitment to company values
* Keep management informed of area activities and of any significant problems
* Assume responsibility for related duties as required or assigned
* Ensure that work area and work areas of direct reports are clean, secure, and well maintained
* Complete special projects and miscellaneous assignments as required
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee can be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment may be loud.
* This job interacts both in a professional office environment and a manufacturing/machine shop environment. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, as well as environments inclusive of the appropriate eye, hearing and foot protection (as required).
* This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are 8 hours, Monday through Friday. Occasional overtime and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
* No travel is expected for this position.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Vision and color vision must pass job-required vision screening
* The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch
* The employee may be required to lift and/or move items weighing up to 25 pounds.
DEMONSTRATED CORPORATE COMPETENCIES
* Fiscally Responsible
We offer a highly competitive compensation package for this outstanding position plus a quarterly bonus along with a full range of top quality benefits and employee services including medical, prescription, dental, vision, life and disability income insurance programs, 401k retirement plans with company match, generous tuition aid program, paid vacation, sick and personal days, 11 holidays, summer hours, on-site credit union and ATM, and much more. WE RECOGNIZE AND REWARD OUR EMPLOYEE\'S ACCOMPLISHMENTS.
Please visit our website at www.marotta.com to learn more about us and to apply on line via our Career portal or apply here now. This