Senior R&D Engineer Job 10/11/2017
Boston Scientific Corporation
Arden Hills, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Locations: Arden Hills, MN
Purpose and Passion * Comprehensive Benefits * Life-Work Integration * Community * Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we re one global team committed to making a difference in people s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose improving lives through your life s work.
SR R&D Systems/Application Engineer
About the Role:
The successful candidate will provide product and system level expertise regarding design and development of navigated endoscopy products. This candidate will serve as a systems engineer on an interdisciplinary team of SW/HW/Mechanical professionals from project conception to commercialization. Candidate will work with this interdisciplinary team to close knowledge gaps, define the system architecture, and develop system-level requirements. Responsible for providing product and system level expertise for the design and development of navigated endoscopy products (combining sensors, embedded systems, algorithms, hardware, and software).
Your responsibilities include:
* Evaluate competitive landscape by attending procedures, interfacing with physicians, and working closely with Endoscopy marketing and Program Management.
* Serve as a systems engineer on technology development and product development projects.
* Work closely with marketing to define market requirements and lead efforts to convert these into system-level requirements.
* Help define product portfolio and product cadence strategy.
* Support system testing, including prototyping, validation, and verification.
* Document system requirements and system design by writing documents, reports, memos, and change requests. Methods used are determined by approved procedures and standards.
* Close critical technical gaps by working with interdisciplinary team, analyzing options and making decisions.
* Support the Risk Analysis for the project.
What we re looking for:
* 5- 10 years of medical device development experience.
* Experience in leadership roles on cross functional teams of professionals.
* Experience working closely with physicians and marketing to define new products.
* Ability to use customer feedback to influence marketing specifications and translate into system requirements.
* Self-motivated with a passion for solving problems.
* Hands-on approach to problem solving.
* BS/MS in Engineering, Physics, or related field.
* Experience designing and building imaging systems.
* Background and knowledge of Endoscopy products.
Location: Arden Hillls, MN
Req # 374357
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Job Segment: Gastroenterology, R&D Engineer, Medical, Engineer, Embedded, Healthcare, Engineering, Technology