Senior Research Associate, Clinical Immunology
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 12/12/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAre you ready to work for one of Washington's Top Workplaces? At Novavax, a clinical-stage vaccine company, we are creating tomorrow's vaccines today! We seek to attract, develop, and retain talented people who share our passion for science, medicine, and human health. We foster an environment of teamwork and collaboration, built on a culture that values and appreciates its employees. We are a fast-paced company that provides employees with opportunities to achieve personal and professional goals while also maintaining a balance between work and personal life.
We are seeking Sr. Research Associate to join our Clinical Immunology department in Gaithersburg, MD. This individual will play animportant role testing clinical samples as well as in assay development and qualification. Qualified individuals are expected to generate and qualify antigen stocks & to perform ELISAs for clinical testing, in addition to training new technicians and leading a group of technicians in high throughput clinical testing.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Play a key role in performing technical laboratory processes, including training on existing assays and clinical testing relatedactivities as per schedule and under management discretion in a GCLP environmen
* Individual will be required to perform routine assays with high sample throughput.
* Individual will be required to record all data in specified formats (including electronic).
* Individual will additionally be responsible for activities related to assay development including optimization and qualification/ validation of assays.
* Individual will assist the Laboratory Lead or above with analysis and interpretation of clinical and/or experimental da
* Individual must ensure that corporate, quality, regulatory and safety procedures/requirements are being observed and followed at all times.
* Individual will maintain accurate inventories and will be responsible for informing lab support about ordering supplies.
* Individual will be responsible for facility housekeeping according to regulations.
* Individual will be responsible for drafting SOPs, writing reports and presenting data in various formats.
* Master's degree in relevant scientific discipline with 3+ years of experience. Or BS degree in relevant scientific discipline with 5+ years' industry experience.
* Must have 3-5 years hands on industry experience or collaboration with industry with different types of ELISA assays.
* Familiar with aseptic technique and working in a BSL-2/BSL-2 plus laboratory.
* Previous experience with high throughput and automated assays
* Working knowledge of colorimetric assays for enzyme activity and inhibition.
* Familiarity with MS Word, Excel, SoftmaxPro GxP and LIMS.
* Candidate must be flexible in time managemen
* Must be a self-starter who can work independently and a team player who can work cross functionally. Attention to detail is highly desirable.
* Must be able to stand for long periods of time
* Prior Experience with SAS, JMP or similar Statistical programs desirable
Novavax, Inc. is a clinical-stage vaccine company committed to delivering novel products to prevent a broad range of infectious diseases. Our recombinant nanoparticles and Matrix-M adjuvant technology are the foundation for groundbreaking innovation that improves global health through safe and effective vaccines. Our product pipeline targets a variety of infectious diseases with vaccine candidates currently in clinical development for respiratory syncytial virus ("RSV"), seasonal influenza, pandemic influenza, and Ebola virus ("EBOV"). We have additional preclinical-stage programs for a variety of infectious diseases..