Senior Salesforce Developer 10/11/2017
Blue Shield of CA
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Looking for a chance to do meaningful work that touches millions? Come join the hardest working, nonprofit health plan in California and help us shape the future of health care. Blue Shield of Californias Mission is to ensure all Californians have access to high-quality care at an affordable price. Blue Shield is focused on improving health care delivery by working closely with providers and making it more accessible, affordable and customer-centric. Being a mission-driven organization means we do much more than serve our 4 million members: we were the first health plan in the nation to limit our annual net income to 2 percent of revenue and return the difference to our customers and the community, and since 2005 we have contributed more than $325 million to the Blue Shield of California Foundation to improve community health and end domestic violence. We also believe that a healthier California begins with our employees, so we provide them with resources to develop and maintain a healthy lifestyle through our award-winning wellness program, Wellvolution.
We're hiring smart thinkers and doers who want to work for a leader and innovator in the challenging, ever-changing healthcare space. Come and help us make health care better for everyone.
Provides technical expertise in the support of specialized programming projects using SalesForce / Force.com platform. Responsible for design and development of systems including making recommendation on the development best practices, use of technology standards and tools. Performs programming analysis. Performs business and application analysis and design. Develops applications using a variety of APEX, VisualForce, and JAVA based tools.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Operates under general direction. Assignments are very broad in nature and of the highest level of complexity. Able to impact beyond area of responsibility. May instruct, guide and oversee work of lower-level technical professionals. Consults and makes recommendations to management on significant issues. Responsible for developing and implementing new products and/or approaches in conjunction with implementing new/existing technologies.
* Manage complete software development lifecycle.
* Develop/write code (Apex Code and VisualForce) in Salesforce.com to support the business process.
* Lead technical phases of projects including problem definition, analysis, solution conceptualization, design, development and implementation including authoring related documents such as technical specifications and detailed design documents.
* Serve as a thought leader in helping to establish in-house development talent
* Help architect, develop, and enhance a system to support internal customers.
* Lead the execution and documentation of sound testing efforts (unit and system).
* Research Salesforce.com capabilities as needed to suit business requirements, and provide gap analysis.
* Provide Tier I and Tier II support of Salesforce.com through troubleshooting, technical resolution, enhancement implementation, and best practices development.
* Actively participate and lead workshops to understand and document data and Salesforce.com system integration requirements.
* Integrate Salesforce.com with other systems
* Apply best practices and design patterns of best of breed applications developed on the Force.com platform
* 4 Years of experience developing Force.com commercial business applications as part of a collaborative team
* 3-5 years of Force.com experience in Visualforce/Apex development
* Experience with Salesforce.com Web Services APIs - Force.com SOAP and REST-based Web Service APIs, the Bulk API, and the Metadata API
* Experience in leading a development team and working with multiple project stakeholders.
* Experience in working in an onsite and offshore development model.
* Experience working with Force.com application packaging and deployment is a plus
* Must have at least ADM 201 AND DEV 401 certifications. Ideal candidate will be DEV 502 certified.
* Proficiency in developing in Force.com Visual Force pages, Managed Packages, and integration to other third party solutions
* Experience integrating Salesforce with 3rd party system using web services and app exchange apps
* Knowledge of Force.com development best practices and design patterns
* Experience in Agile development methodology/Scrum is preferred
Job Additional Education/Experience
Education/Requirements: Generally requires 8 to 12 years of directly related professional experience and possesses deep technical abilities in one or more primary products, programs or technologies.