Senior Software Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 12/7/2017
Daly City, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY:
The Senior Software Engineer will help design and implement features in a cloud-based web architecture. Must be able to participate in a highly collaborated and innovative team. The Senior Software Engineer is expected to be a results-driven, self-motivated, full-stack developer.
* Work with team members to create innovative solutions to various feature requests.
* Jump into various complex code-bases, understand them quickly, and develop features in a fast-paced environment.
* Work with stakeholders to refine the requirements for new features with an emphasis on creating a great user experience.
* Actively participate in a highly collaborative Agile development process to meet delivery dates and other goals.
* Demonstrate the ability to be thorough and detailed oriented in looking at all aspects of the solution including: localization, licensing, scalability, memory management, bandwidth, latency, automated testing, security and compliance.
* Write unit and integration tests and work with the delivery team to ensure quality testing.
* Stay current with industry developments and new trends.
* Understand & comply with HIPAA Security and Privacy Law
* Adhere to Genesys Code of Business Conduct and Ethics
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related work experience.
* Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and reasoning.
* Strong understanding of object-oriented design principles and application of design patterns.
* Comfortable working in an environment where languages and platforms may change as projects demand.
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
* Experience with software issue diagnostic strategies and creation of appropriate algorithms/changes to address performance, reliability, supportability, maintainability, and extensibility.
* Strong background in C# .NET
* Extensive experience with Microsoft SQL Server
CONSIDERED TO BE A PLUS:
* Experience in cloud architecture and design, including RESTful APIs, microservice architecture, Selenium, Jenkins, Perforce, continuous integration, and automation testing.
* Experience in the full life cycle development process is helpful, including an understanding of requirements, architecting software, designing multi-component solutions, and developing real world applications.
* Experience with agile and scrum methodologies.
* Communicates regularly with peers and management
* Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Genesys powers more than 25 billion of the worlds best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industrys #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
GENESYS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY IN THE WORKPLACE. WE EVALUATE QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, DISABILITY, VETERAN STATUS, AND OTHER PROTECTED CHARACTERISTICS. #LI-BJ1