Senior Software Engineer - Fixed Networks Gainspeed 9/17/2017
Nokia Siemens Networks
Mountain View, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Gainspeed enables cable operators to meet skyrocketing capacity requirements, respond to changing market demands, and rapidly deploy new services all while cost-effectively migrating their networks to a software-driven, all-IP architecture.
We are redefining how cable networks are built.
We require an engineer to design, develop and maintain software covering data-path, provisioning, operational feedback and diagnostics functionality. Implement proposals, code, verify and work with system test on delivery of software features of a distributed cable access platform system. Participate in software architecture discussions and propose software architecture designs for new features. Perform end-to-end system data-path, provisioning and operational state testing including scalability, performance and reliability testing. Perform unit testing of new features developed. Perform root cause analysis of software errors and make appropriate corrections.
- Worked in layer 2/layer 3 feature set for carrier grade routers/switches
- Good understanding of one or more routing-protocols ISIS/BGP/OSPF
- Good understanding of one or more transport IP/MPLS/TUNNELLING
- Good understanding of switching and routing technology
-Good understanding of ipv4/ipv6 protocols, ARP handling, ACLs, Policies, QoS
- Must understand what to be done on a router to get various service up and running
- Strong 'C' programming skills are also mandatory, knowledge of Python would be an added advantage
- Strong debugging skills
- Understanding of NETCONF/YANG is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- MS/BS in CS/EE or equivalent
- Java is a plus
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DO NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANY EMPLOYEE OR APPLICANT FOR EMPLOYMENT BECAUSE OF RACE, COLOR, SEX, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, STATUS AS A VETERAN, AND BASIS OF DISABILITY OR ANY OTHER FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL PROTECTED CLASS.