Senior Software Engineer, Platform, Apex
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 2/21/2018
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPost Date:
Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER, APEX
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA/Seattle, WA.
The Salesforce platform hosts web services and applications written by thousands of internal developers, and tens of thousands of customers, providing the largest business automation cloud on the planet. We process more than 2 billion customer interactions per day across our global data centers.
Apex is a programming language that lets ISVs develop and run applications on the Salesforce platform. The Apex team is continuously evolving the Apex programming language in order to make customers more successful and productive. Our goal is to thrill and delight customers with every new feature, and release.
We are looking for exceptional engineers to join our team, and help us shape the present, and define the future of cloud computing. As part of the Apex team, you'll have the opportunity to build tools and libraries that influence how developers create solutions on our platform. We think in scale, and value meaningful design, clean code, and high performance architecture. We develop mainly in Java and PL/SQL with a sprinkling of XML and HTML.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
* 5+ years of Java, C#, or C++ experience in a production environment
* Commitment to disciplined Software Engineering - from test-driven development, documentation, code reviews, to validation, deployment and support.
* Deep understanding of modern object-oriented programming techniques, design patterns, and CS fundamentals
* Ability to take on a problem, analyze, design, and work with teammates to deliver high quality solution on time
* Bachelor's Degree in CS or applicable engineering discipline
* Excellent written, verbal communication, and collaboration skills
* Excellent judgement, analytical and problem solving skills
* Outstanding attention to details
* Passion for learning, teamwork, and engineering excellence
* Unrelenting commitment to customer success
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" six years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" nine years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.