Senior Solutions Architect (Lake Oswego, OR) (5018-228)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 2/1/2018
Lake Oswego, OR
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
At Presidio, we think, architect, implement and support the practical reality of IT every day. We bring together the best minds in the industry to deliver IT excellence and support the answers to our clients IT challenges. As one of the largest IT-as-a-Service solution providers in the U.S., we combine experience and stability with regional expertise and the unique ability to cover local and global business needs. For more information about Presidio visit our website at www.presidio.com or follow us on Twitter @Presidio.
The Sr. Solutions Architect provides high-level technical guidance and leadership to Account Managers and clients. The Sr. Solutions Architect will assist in building and presenting Presidio Solutions and technology to a range of internal and external audiences.
Relationship skills, understanding customer needs, and applying relevant solutions to meet these needs are required for this position. As a Sr. Solutions Architect, the sharing of technical and business knowledge within the account team will be emphasized to further develop team expertise and effectiveness.
The Sr. Solutions Architect will lead aligning business objectives with solutions and provide guidance through all phases of the project lifecycle. This position is based in the Northwest and we are considering candidates in either the Portland or Seattle areas. (Regional travel)
* Meet with Presidio s customers, collecting requirements for infrastructure solutions
* Present and explain technologies to customers, guide them through requirements gathering and formulate a solution consisting of hardware, software, licensing, and engineering services
* Develop engineering solutions for sale to Presidio customers.
* Work with Account Manager/Sales Team to develop customer relationships and solutions to assist in the sales process
* Create high level solutions designs/architecture and present to customers
* Creative customer-facing presentations
* Create Bills of Materials & Configurations for solutions
* Develop Professional Services Pricing
* Write Statements of Work and Proposals
* Create scope of work and task lists for various types of projects in support of these solutions.
* Mentor deployment engineers in emerging technologies
* Provide technical leadership and consulting around ACI, datacenter automation, and next generation technologies (opportunity to learn this technology)
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent experience and/or military experience
* Expert-level knowledge and experience with design, implementation and support of the following:
* Complex routing and switching solutions (Cisco is a must, Cisco Certifications and specializations highly desired)
* Firewalls/VPNs (Cisco is preferred, Palo Alto/Juniper/Check Point are a plus)
* Network Access Control, including Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) design experience desired
* Load balancing/Application Delivery Controllers (F5, Citrix) desired
* Enterprise Architecture experience with one area of specialization desired (Datacenter, Wireless, Route/Switch, Security, Unified Communications)
* 8+ years of networking experience, including configuring, analyzing & troubleshooting complex networks
* Ability to mentor other engineers through design, planning and execution of solutions
* Demonstrated passion for technology, solution design, and self-study
* Comfortable leading group presentations, solution demonstrations, and whiteboard sessions
* Experience deploying enterprise networks
* Strong Pre Sales / Cisco Solutions Design expertise
* Strong sales acumen and technical expertise
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in relevant field of study
* Familiarity with Netformx, Cisco Commerce Workspace (CCW)
* 8+ years of broad IT experience in enterprise-level networking environment(s)
* Strong knowledge of Cisco architectures to include: Secure Networks, Datacenter networking, Unified Communications and supporting technologies
* Experience with Microsoft Office products including Visio, Excel and Powerpoint
* One or more of the following certifications: CCNA/CCDA/CCNP/CCDP and other non-Cisco certifications (preferred)
* Expert verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail
* Preferred certifications CCDP/CCIE, but not required
Presidio Networked Solutions LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/ VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, please visit: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
If you have any difficulty using our online system and need an accommodation in the job application process due to a disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212.652.5700 for assistance.
Presidio Networked Solutions is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. State Employment Services, please provide priority referrals to email@example.com or call 212.652.5700.
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE, we have a strict PSL in place and we will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through the Presidio portal.
Candidate Resumes/CV's not submitted through our portal or submitted directly through to managers or HR will be considered unsolicited and will be treated as gifts and no fee will be payable.
We thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
Lake Oswego , Oregon, United States