Senior Solutions Architect Webscale
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2017
END DATE 1/7/2018
Nokia Siemens Networks
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONNokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
The Webscale CTO Solutions Architect Team is seeking an IP Architect to drive technical engagements with Tier 1-2 Webscale SPs and Extra Large Enterprises. The individual will have the opportunity to own all technical aspects of an account as well as serve in cross-functional roles including: strategy, business and product roadmap development, technical solution design and delivery.
Work closely with Account teams and BU to develop and execute technical account strategies
Develop close technical working relationships with Customers and effectively promote solutions offered by Nokia
Provide BU feedback on Customer requirements to guide product direction and solutions alignment with customer business/network priorities
Deep understanding of Customers business and application
Provide technical guidance and direction to Sales and SE teams
Drive and manage RFI, RFP, Demos, POC, NPI, test plan creation and network design
The candidate must be located on the West Coast in California, Bay Area preferred, or Washington state, Redmond/Seattle preferred. Qualifications
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE)
* Extensive hands-on experience and advanced knowledge of the following:
* SP IP network design
* IP products and related SW and HW architectures
* TCP/IP, IP/MPLS, RSVP-TE, LDP, BGP, ISIS, OSPF, Segment Routing, QoS, Routing Policy, MPLS Services (VPLS, VPWS, VRF, EVPN)
* Direct work experience with product BU and Account teams to deliver and execute account strategies and technical solutions
* Exceptional customer facing skills and ability to have a knowledgeable conversation with Webscale/XLE Lead Network Architects about technology
* Multifaceted and the ability to learn, adapt, and deliver quickly under pressure from many constituents
* Good listening, verbal, written, presentation and project management skills
* Driven, self-motivated, and a take-ownership attitude
* Optical, DC Networking, SDN knowledge a plus
* 8 years in various technical engineering roles and 4 years in customer facing roles
* B.S. Degree in Computer Networking or equivalent experience required
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DO NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANY EMPLOYEE OR APPLICANT FOR EMPLOYMENT BECAUSE OF RACE, COLOR, SEX, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, STATUS AS A VETERAN, AND BASIS OF DISABILITY OR ANY OTHER FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL PROTECTED CLASS.