Senior Structural Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 9/21/2018
Arcadis U.S. Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob description
Arcadis is currently searching for a Senior Structural Engineer, with 10 - 15 years experience, to join our team in the White Plains, NY offices or Middleton CT.
This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated engineer to join our team locally with support from one of the best-qualified municipal consulting firms in the country. The Senior Structural Engineer, with the support of a strong nationally recognized technical staff, will utilize their expertise and technical knowledge of structural design & construction engineering, along with a proven reputation for excellence with clients to successful execute projects within the Municipal & Industrial Water / Wastewater and Water Resources infrastructure design & construction engineering consulting markets to help build and grow our practice.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Engineer will work on water / wastewater design engineering and construction projects; responsible for the production of design calculations, technical reports, permitting, detailed design and engineering plans and specifications for Water / Wastewater projects including; plant upgrades, storage facilities, pipelines, storm water systems, pump stations, and distribution / collection systems.
* Organizes and conducts structural related engineering investigations, calculations, and planning work which has a well-defined scope.
* Researches feasibility of alternative design approaches, site conditions and regulatory agency specifications.
* Works effectively in team situations and establishes strong relationships with other teams where overlap of client project work exists.
* Will develop calculations, plans, specifications, requests for proposals, and other contract documents.
* Serve as Engineer of Record for work completed under candidates direction.
* Works directly with a variety of engineering disciplines, office / project staff, client and sub-contractors, throughout the project life cycle, and therefore should have clear and concise, oral and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to coordinate meetings, conduct effective client presentations and prepare written reports.
* Will exercise their own judgment on details of work and in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives.
* Manages the production of engineering and construction drawings, specifications, bid packages, and cost estimates for projects.
* Will function as a Task Manager or Project Engineer on projects to manage related budgets and schedules, lead deliverables, and assists with the development and management of plans, permit checklists, scopes of work and will facilitate coordination for timely completion and submission of projects.
* Ensure project compliance with all ARCADIS practices and quality and safety standards.
* Some travel may be required to support client and or project needs.
* Bachelor's Degree in Structural, Civil Engineering or a related field of study.
* 10 years of experience.
* Leadership experience; as design / technical leader or through mentoring of others
* Professional Engineer License.
* Strong structural analysis and design skills.
* Solid professional experience with structural engineering related to a variety of water/waste water systems.
* Leadership experience or potential; potentially as design / technical leader or as shown though the mentoring of others.
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Skills to include; public speaking, ability to work as part of a team, preparation and development of technical documents, prior client involvement and/or relationship skills as part of the project team.
* Experience preparing, reviewing and approving project drawings, specifications, schedules and cost estimates.
* General knowledge with AutoCAD/REVIT software.
* Functional experience with MS Office applications.
* Experience in utilizing STAAD and other structural software.
* Excellent working knowledge of all building codes and standards such as IBC, ACI, etc.
Required Driving StatementThis position requires a current valid driver s license and clean driving record.
Employer StatementWe are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Why Choose ArcadisArcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles.
Work alongside the industry s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
About This Business LineWater, perhaps the world s most critical resource, can both sustain and destroy. As a global top five player in water services, we focus on the entire water cycle from source to tap and back again while also managing rivers and coastal zones, urban and rural water, and issues related to climate change and rising sea levels. Join our specialist teams of engineers, scientists and consultants and be uniquely positioned to provide safe and secure water technology that is built to withstand and support the demands of a rapidly changing world.