Senior Systems Engineer 10/12/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Come join this growing team that has an exciting roadmap planned. What will you be responsible for?Essential Functions
- Escalation point for regional and global technical issues from junior team members and IT team
- Mentor junior staff members to promote standardization and project initiatives.
- Monitors and maintains Systems and Services
- Investigates and resolves problems, inefficiencies, and performance issues
- Evaluates, tests, and recommends solutions
- Implementation of Systems and ensures quality standards
- Required to participate in an on-call rotation - 1 week every 4/6 weeksQualificationsSkills required:
- Highly organized and have clear, concise communication skills
- Ability to function in a Global organization with a flexible and dynamic team environment
- Experienced in the design, implementation and management of Enterprise Infrastructures and Systems including: Linux (Solaris, Oracle Linux, Redhat, CentOS and other variants of Linux) Server deployment and automation technologies/techniques, Samba, SNMP, NTP, PAM, SSH, Sendmail, NFS, CIFS, LVM, ZFS, Shell scripting, Patching (YUM, IPS), RPM package management, SUDO, Multipath, SFTP, DNS, SAN/NAS principles including hands on FC and iSCSI.
- Degree in a relevant technical area or equivalent work experience Minimum work experience:
- 5-8 experience in highly available data center operations
- Solaris, Linux, Sparc, Oracle Engineered systems
- SAN experience (ZFS, Exadata, NETAPP, EMC, HP, HITACHI)EEO DisclaimerPAREXEL is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.