Senior Tax Accountant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2017
END DATE 12/27/2017
Nokia Siemens Networks
JOB DESCRIPTIONNokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
JOB POSITION SUMMARY DESCRIPTION:
Senior Tax Accountant This person will play a key in the corporate tax compliance department
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / FUNCTIONS:
-Prepare federal, state and international income tax returns -Assist with the review/preparation of the quarterly ASC 740 tax provision
-Prepare/Review quarterly estimated tax payments
-Prepare monthly tax accrual journal entries & account reconciliations
-Research federal and state tax issues
-Participate in other tax department processes and special projects as needed
Qualifications REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE)
* Bachelors Degree with major in Accounting or Finance required, Master in Taxation and/or CPA preferred.
* 3-5 years of relevant experience
* Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and Word.
* Strong analytical, organizational skills and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
* Strong oral and written communication skills
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE)
* Strong multi-state experience.
* Ability to identify and resolve tax issues.
* Hands-on, self-driven, positive, can-do attitude, business savvy, integrity and team player.
* Ability to work with cross functional teams and proactively seek solutions or suggest improvements.
* Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
* Excellent time management skills.
* Experience in similar industries preferred.
* Experience with CorpTax a plus.
* Experience with SAP or other ERP systems a plus.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DO NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANY EMPLOYEE OR APPLICANT FOR EMPLOYMENT BECAUSE OF RACE, COLOR, SEX, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, STATUS AS A VETERAN, AND BASIS OF DISABILITY OR ANY OTHER FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL PROTECTED CLASS.