Senior Threat Research Analyst, #2017-149
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 1/2/2018
Defense Point Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONDefense Point Security (DPS) is an IT Security Consulting firm specializing in public and private sector security solutions. Our goal is to provide expert IT security services to our clients while cultivating information security knowledge among all employees for the advancement of cyber security.
Defense Point Security is currently seeking a Senior Threat Research Analyst for an opening in Washington, DC. This position requires previous experience in related IT security fields, including supporting or working in a 24x7x365 Security Operations Center (SOC).
* Incident response, event and system log analysis, forensic and malware analysis, and prioritize/differentiation between potential intrusion attempts and false alarms
* Create and track investigations to resolution. Compose security alert notifications
* Advise incident responders in the steps to take to investigate and resolve computer security incidents
* Stay up to date with current vulnerabilities, attacks, and countermeasures
* Assume responsibility and work autonomously in profession manner
* Assume management responsibilities if required
* This position requires US Citizenship due to our Federal contractual obligation
* Bachelors degree
* 6-7 years related work experience, including prior experience working as a Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT), Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT), Computer Security Incident Response Center (CSIRC) or a Security Operations Center (SOC) analyst
* The following certifications are strongly desired: GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA), or other GIAC certifications. Candidate must possess excellent written communication skills and the proven ability to present complex, technical information to both technical and non-technical audiencesPrevious experience working in a large government or corporate enterprise environment is a requirement
* Proficiency in analyzing event and systems logs, performing forensic analysis, analyzing malware, and other incident response related data
* Thorough understanding of incident response best practices and processes
* Understanding of attack vectors, threat tactics and attacker techniques
* Thorough understanding of network protocols
* Expertise in identifying and creating host and network-based indicators
* Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analysis skills
* Experience a FireEye Network and Email deployment
Job Location: Washington, D.C.
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
All candidates must be clearable.
To see other locations please see the Cyber Defense Career Menu on defpoint.com
Defense Point Security offers a competitive benefits package to include:
* Competitive Salary
* Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Premiums are 100% paid by DPS for employee and eligible dependents
* Personal Accident Insurance paid by DPS
* Life Insurance paid by DPS
* Additional Voluntary Life Insurance Coverage Options
* Short Term Disability Insurance paid by DPS
* Long Term Disability Insurance paid by DPS
* 401k Contribution Matching - 100% up to 3%, 50% up to 5%
* 401k is 100% fully vested after 90 days
* Flexible Spending Accounts for Heath Care, Dependent Care, Transit and Parking
* Communter Assistance
* Paid Time Off starting at 3 weeks a year (15 days)
* Paid Maternity / Paternity Leave
* 10 paid Federal Holidays
* Up to $100 per month reimbursed for cell phone
* Up to $50 per month reimbursed for home internet
* Up to $200 every 2 years for a cell phone upgrade
* Employee Assistance Program.